• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Foodex Sriracha hot chilisauce

I'd prefer to have it made with the amount of garlic in Coops one but with the amount of chilli in mine. Not particular or anything ;)

2 dollars is £1.09. I don't know what mine cost because I didn't buy it, I have friends that look out for chilli products when they go out to different places and this was one that was bought for me.

klyth said:
It's worth getting the "Rooster Sauce," as my niece calls it. It's got an awesome flavor for asian cuisine, and it's got some heat to it! Actually, I've just recently started adding it to soup, and it's fantastic!!

If you can't find some, I'm sure someone can mail you a bottle. It's only a couple bucks. I don't know what that comes to in English Pounds, probably like 113 or something. I can't remember the URL for xe.com right now or I'd do a conversion.
1 Pound = 1.974 US Dollar as of now. so basically 4 dollars are 2 pounds.

EDIT:
See, RB? great minds think alike!

klyth said:
... I can't remember the URL for xe.com right now or I'd do a conversion.

*looks up*

rainbowberry said:
2 dollars is £1.09. I don't know what mine cost because I didn't buy it, I have friends that look out for chilli products when they go out to different places and this was one that was bought for me.

Omri said:
1 Pound = 1.974 US Dollar as of now. so basically 4 dollars are 2 pounds.

EDIT:
See, RB? great minds think alike!

*le sigh*

The green cap for the rooster sauce is the hot one and I believe its yellow or red for mild.its been years since Ive seen the mild version My brother would keep the mild one for guests

Canuk Pepperhead said:
and I believe its yellow or red for mild.its been years since Ive seen the mild version

It's red I think. And you're right, it's hard to find while each and every store carries the green cap version.

Eating the green-capped Rooster sauce on taquitos right now--I absolutely love this stuff.

I managed to invent an "Oriental dog" a couple of days ago, almost by mistake. Cooked up some hot dogs and melted cheese on them, then put a line of Sriracha on one side and a line of sweet 'n sour sauce down the other. The taste combination was odd at first, but I grew into it quickly.

I don't think the color of the cap has anything to do with the hotness... I tasted red, green yellow and purple capped versions, but they seemed just about the same to me. Maybe it just goes for a certain brand?

tried this stuff on sushi too, pretty intense when combined with wasabi...

Coop said:
I don't think the color of the cap has anything to do with the hotness... I tasted red, green yellow and purple capped versions, but they seemed just about the same to me. Maybe it just goes for a certain brand?

tried this stuff on sushi too, pretty intense when combined with wasabi...
If it's the same brand, it means a different flavor.
51654602kd4.gif

I didnt know there was several versions of this brand/flavor of sauce, in omri's pic, I wouldnt mind trying a couple of those different flavored sauces.
omri are those your hot sauce bottles ? where did you get them from ? I've only known of 2 types

chilehunter said:
I didnt know there was several versions of this brand/flavor of sauce, in omri's pic, I wouldnt mind trying a couple of those different flavored sauces.
omri are those your hot sauce bottles ? where did you get them from ? I've only known of 2 types
Sorry, not mine. sad, but I can't even find the original one.
That pic belongs to a fella named "Google". :lol:

oh I see.
that lemongrass,onion,ginger would be nice to try. dont know what galanga is ? (& no I havent did a search for this)

I couldn't stand Crystal Castles but I also liked Sinistar. I just looked up on wikipedia as to how many levels are in Galaga....255 :shocked:

I've only gotten to level 52...sigh.....

well heres a sriracha hot sauce I bought when I stopped at a grocery store (its a thing I do checking different stores where ever I'm at if I have time)

DSCF1331.jpg

this sauce is about the same heat level as the green cap rooster sauce, with a different flavor, overall good flavor & alright heat. I take it that the word "sriracha" means hot or chile or sauce or ? since it doesnt keep to 1 name brand. or ?

I do believe the original has a rooster on the label..hence the name "cock sauce". I've never seen Sriracha labeled any other way but then a sauce that good.....it stands to reason it could be marketed under different labels in different countries.
Bow to the rooster!
Cheers, TB.

Back