• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Four-lined plant bugs be damned!!!!

Pepper plants... and I just looked up that beetle, and there could be a few od those too... but the main damage I see is exactly like that from the youtube video.  And I have seen them 'hanging out' around plants with that type of damage... I didnt know whether they were the pest themselves, or if they could be feeding on the pests.

Ty for the help... I am currently spraying with neem oil.  I have yet to try AACT as an insecticide/fungicide /deterent (I apply it to the soil).  I may brew some up next week for that purpose. 

I also have some diatomaceous earth, which I could spread sometime when it looks like it will be dry for a few days.

Those bugs are similar to the squash bug that we get here in the NW. I was dealing with them last yr.
Good luck with getting rid of them. Its time for them to say goodbye! If you feel like getting messy, vice grips work ;)

Lol... yeah.. truth be told, Ive been 'squashing' them before I was even certain that they were the culprits.  Ive read that they are among the worst insect pests to get in large populations, because they are flying and therefore harder to treat.

Back