beer Fourth year hops growers take heart....Iggy's Response to Cheezy

I knew I saw a little jesus looking guy with a bug collector full of spider mites!!!!;)

All Joking aside, My prize cascade came down with a bad case of spider mites here lately. eradication has not stopped some browning on the cones.:(

cheezydemon said:
I knew I saw a little jesus looking guy with a bug collector full of spider mites!!!!;)

All Joking aside, My prize cascade came down with a bad case of spider mites here lately. eradication has not stopped some browning on the cones.

Awww bummer!

Igg, in response to your 4th year hops:

Even though they were 4th year plants, they were transplanted...and i'm sad b/c mine are turning brown and starting to dye :_(

matt jones has some 2 yr plants that are ridiculously larger than both of our's.

Mine is still trying to send up new shoots. After the spider mite set back, I am considering letting 2 new ones go. This thing is a monster!!

New pictures....CONES!
mainhopbud6.jpg

MORE CONES:
mainhopbud5.jpg

Oh it aint over til harvest!;)

Those are densely packed! My cones are bigger, and probably more of them, but you have more per sq ft I would say.

I will get some pics.

cheezydemon said:
Oh it aint over til harvest!;)

Those are densely packed! My cones are bigger, and probably more of them, but you have more per sq ft I would say.

I will get some pics.
Thanks. I look foward to your comparison pics.

On an update, I found out that these are Cascades....YAAAA!!!

Back