• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Fox farms ocean forest ok for seedlings? ?

I am germinating seed with paper towel method. When they pop I was wondering if I could you the FF ocean forest for them. I have left over soil so I'd like to use it for the seeds if I can. Is it to fertilized?

Thanks

Bud

its a great soil, but in my personal experience it is too "HOT" for seedlings. it has too much ferts and other stuff. you are better off going with a plain basic light weight soil. i use sunshine growers mix#4 and have not had any problems.

Would the plants just kill over? Or just grow terrible? I'm in a time crunch. The hydro store is closed on Sunday. Only place I can go tomorrow for soil is lowes or home depot. Should I risk the fox farms or get something from lowes

Fox farm is better then mg soil (the better brand at hp,lowes) . I just don't want to pay for fox farm price, I use botanicare pure blend pro grow the whole way which has everything that a good soil would have in concentrate. I have used in-organic fertilizers that yeild more but I am after qualty and plant health. To tell you the truth, this season I am giving mg organic potting soil a run, it is composted bark, peat, chicken litter.

Are you growing inside or out?

Ok well you have a little more choices when growing outside, you want sonthing that wont dry up too quik. It is your call, like I said I have had good results with fox farm soil. Dont fertilize for a month with fox farm.

I used fox farms ocean forest for seedlings and I had no problems with it, and the resulting plants grew great. I have heard others around here say it runs hot for seedlings though.

Back