free Free Nhu's Pepper seeds

Very kind offer made by the OP. Love the story and they sound like a great pepper. If I wasn't already trying to pare down my planned list for 2013, I'd go for this.

Hey Gerry the Nhu's Pepper seeds arrived today, thank you. You said "looking like a goat-weed type variety", is that a description of the plant, the pepper, or both. I would gather from that, about 4' or so tall and about the same wide and with red 3" by 1/2" peppers, is that about right?

Again thanks for the seed and they will go to good use.

Curt

That sounds about right on average. Though the peppers all grew hanging down, even while still just flowers for the most part. I'm told most goat-weeds have at least some that grow upwards.

Received my seeds today. Thanks not just for the seeds but the piece of dried pod. Excellent flavor! Mango is a very close descriptor. The heat was as you described which was nice since it did not overwhelm the flavor.

I'm glad you liked it. I've been trying to include a taste so people can get a idea of them. The times I've gotten seeds at THP, I really appreciated when there was a little taste included. On a related note, If there are seeds in your sample, they may not be as viable as the loose seeds. The loose seeds were prepped for the give away. The pods were dried for powder.

I have been lucky enough to taste this pepper fresh... Soooo tasty. I've tried my first supers in the past month, so my standard bite into a pepper now is just a tiny nibble at the end of it... The first bite was just pure delicious sweet fruity flavor, After biting into more I was inlove. The heat is not overwhelming but enough to just munch on. I sliced up the pepper and tossed it on my Chipotle burrito bowl... These peppers I think will be good for anything, eating off the plant, on pizza, in foods. Its like someone took a sweet ripe red bell, introduced it to a mango, the two of them had a love child, a fiery love child, but in an indescribable way, better. They are crisp and juicy and just all sorts of awesome... I can wait to hear other's opinions once we're all growing them..

Huge Thanks to Yemtol for this offer and introducing me (an all of you) to this pepper.

Hey Gerry,

Just read about the pepper and would love to try some seeds. It's lovely!!! What a nice story also. I'll get a SASE in the mail tomorrow. I'm in Indianapolis, how about all this rain!!! My peppers are still hanging in there but the tomatoes have about had it. Thanks so much for your generosity and also to Yemtol.

The flavor sounds great! I'm excited. I'll take you up on your SASE offer. My envelope is going out tomorrow. Thanks so much.

Chris

Back