free Free Organic Aji Dulce seed giveaway. CLOSED

Open to US and Canada members, no SASBE needed.

I have an overstock of my Organic orange Aji Dulce seeds again so just like last year I'm giving away seeds to the first ten people who respond to the thread.

A Puerto Rican cultivar, Aji Dulce is like the bell pepper of the C. chinense species.  It has all the flavor and none of the heat.  It's a great addition to your garden for your spouse or kids who may not like spicy peppers but want to experience the amazing flavor of the species without the burn.

These seeds are open pollinated, they should produce dark orange habanero shaped pods but there is a possibility of cross-pollination.  Just be sure to test a pod before giving it to your kid :lol:

Offer ends Friday March 27, 2015 at 6pm EST or when all ten slots are filled.  I am unsure how many seeds I actually have but will divvy them up depending on how many people respond.  It will be 5-10 seeds for sure.

1-smileyguy697
2-moruga welder
3-Jackson 13
4-socalgardengal
5-Peter S
6-cloudhand
7-Scuba_Steve
8-pepperBob
9-fishbear11
10-Alchymystic
11-Student of Spice
12-serrano

Also, it will be impossible to keep track of responses while I'm sleeping or at work tomorrow so if you guys will "count yourselves" it would help me a lot.  Ten is the magic number.

Are these the same as bolsa de dulce or different cultivar? I believe ajijoe made the bolsa de dulce which is a cross between aji yellow and carmine red habanero so i'm guessing different cultivar. 

D3monic said:
Are these the same as bolsa de dulce or different cultivar? I believe ajijoe made the bolsa de dulce which is a cross between aji yellow and carmine red habanero so i'm guessing different cultivar. 
No these are not a cross, they're a stable Puerto Rican strain.  Normally they come in non-specific red-orange or yellow and are listed as Aji Dulce 1 or 2 with many vendors.  Mine were supposed to be nonspecific red and yellow #2 but all my plants last year were the dark red-orange.  These were originally sourced to me from a local commune.

Sweet, that's what I figured since there was so many hits when I googled aji dulce. Thanks. I'll sit this one out as I can't plant any more this year. Leave room on the list for those who still can use them. 

They do have a very nice shape

Nice offer! I don't need any more seeds right now, but would try growing some next year. I'm sure you'll get ten takers by the deadline, but if for some reason you don't, I'll take a few. 

Peter S said:
Nice offer! I don't need any more seeds right now, but would try growing some next year. I'm sure you'll get ten takers by the deadline, but if for some reason you don't, I'll take a few. 
I'll put you on the list anyways.  I'm thinking this will fill up before I go to sleep tonight lol

Aji Dulce are great and sweet little peppers! I used to get them at the local Mexican grocery (don't know if they were imports or locally grown)...never saved seeds and have not seen them since- I'll take a few! Thanks!

Back