event FREE SALSA @ Jungle Jim's 3rd Annual Weekend of Fire, Aug 1 & 2, 2009

Who is going to attend this year's show? It will be held Saturday, August 1 and Sunday, August 2 at The Oscar Event Center at Jungle Jim's International Market in Fairfield, OH.

Here's the main website link: http://www.junglejims.com/weekendoffire/index.asp

Highlights include:

• The National Championship DEFCON Wing-Eating Deathmatch on Saturday night.
  • Jungle Jim's Salsa Contest at the Chilehead Websites/Bloggers Booth, where YOU get to taste the Final Four salsas and vote on the winner! Here's the thread with the details.
  • Dozens of vendors with lotsa great sauces to try out.

ADMIN EDIT: For the free salsa promo please see post #36!

We'll be there! We're going to be unveiling the new and improved Defcon booth, now twice the size (20X10). The newest half of the booth will be the christening for the Defcon Pain Center, complete with wall monitors. We're going to try to get a live feed from inside the booth directly to our website, so those that try the ZERO can be seen by all those who couldn't make the trip. It should be hilarious. With the media play the Third Annual National Championship Deathmatch is getting, we may have to move it out front or even into the parking lot if it gets too big. You thought last years stuff was hot, wait until you try THIS stuff (evil chuckle). It should be a LOT of fun!

Dyce51 will be there representing thehotpepper.com as a salsa judge (he judged the salsa at the booth).

DEFCON Creator said:
With the media play the Third Annual National Championship Deathmatch is getting, we may have to move it out front or even into the parking lot if it gets too big. You thought last years stuff was hot, wait until you try THIS stuff (evil chuckle). It should be a LOT of fun!

John, will the same rules apply to this year's Deathmatch, e.g., 10 wings in 4 minutes, and then 5 minutes with your hands on the table, etc.?

Yup, same rules. However, the rules may stay exactly the same, but who knows, we just might throw a couple twists in it, it's the Defcon way....

DEFCON Creator said:
We'll be there! We're going to be unveiling the new and improved Defcon booth, now twice the size (20X10). The newest half of the booth will be the christening for the Defcon Pain Center, complete with wall monitors. We're going to try to get a live feed from inside the booth directly to our website, so those that try the ZERO can be seen by all those who couldn't make the trip. It should be hilarious. With the media play the Third Annual National Championship Deathmatch is getting, we may have to move it out front or even into the parking lot if it gets too big. You thought last years stuff was hot, wait until you try THIS stuff (evil chuckle). It should be a LOT of fun!

Great, as if I already didn't feel inept, now this...

I'll be there with my measly banner and jambalaya samples. :oops:

Believe me, sometimes I wish we could just do an easy booth. There have been many times where I see various vendors get finished setting up or taking down, joining the masses of other vendors and bloggers and hitting the town, meanwhile I'm not even finished unpacking the lighting equiptment yet. There are plusses and minuses. However, one of the plusses is that if you're setup next to us, you'll get an indoor tan from all the UV light emanating from the booth. We had an Italian ice vendor next to us last year, and they requested to be next to us again. We made them a ton of cash sending the various ZERO victims to them to cool off, kind of a "we kill 'em, you chill 'em" motif.

cajunheat, I know you are probably not worried, but trust me, there will be a line at the free jambalaya. Then, there will be a line at your sales table.

DEFCON Creator said:
Believe me, sometimes I wish we could just do an easy booth. There have been many times where I see various vendors get finished setting up or taking down, joining the masses of other vendors and bloggers and hitting the town, meanwhile I'm not even finished unpacking the lighting equiptment yet. There are plusses and minuses. However, one of the plusses is that if you're setup next to us, you'll get an indoor tan from all the UV light emanating from the booth. We had an Italian ice vendor next to us last year, and they requested to be next to us again. We made them a ton of cash sending the various ZERO victims to them to cool off, kind of a "we kill 'em, you chill 'em" motif.

I'll guarantee you that I will be the first done setting up, and I'm not even getting there until Friday. The only thing I have to attract an audience is my cleavage blessed g/f. Oh...she's in a wheelchair so the view is that much better. lol

We had scheduled and planned to be there but its not looking good for the Big Dawg Crew. Looking at increasing distribution, lots of meetings, and lots of cooking that could start to fall in that time frame.

Hate to miss out on meeting some of you and of course the Deathmatch fun but maybe we can get something going for Zestfest in Fort Worth.

BigDawg said:
Hate to miss out on meeting some of you and of course the Deathmatch fun but maybe we can get something going for Zestfest in Fort Worth.

Awww man, we were looking forward to seein' you guys! :(

I'd like to have a Deathmatch at Zest Fest in Dallas, but Wingtime beat us to the punch. No biggie. I'l tell ya, I think it would be a little rough pulling it off in Dallas, as it's just myself and Maggie at the booth.

Back