• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue?
    Then ask in Identification.

storage Freezing Then Dehydrating

Ok So Sense Im The Only One who Really eats Super Hots in My House My Plants are producing a few More than I can Consume, I Freeze Some of them but I know they Loose there texture after, I was thinking What if I Freeze them and Wait till I get a Dehydrator, will the peppers not mess up or anything after they are Frozen, and can I send Frozen Pods to People without them Rotting?

With the cell damage caused by freezing, I wouldn't ship unless you can keep them frozen. As far as drying, I'm told it works out fine, but this is my first year and I haven't tried it myself yet. In the meantime keep an eye out for yardsales. A lot of people who buy dehydrators like the idea but lack the patience after their first batch of jerky. I got a $70 nesco for five bucks that still had the paperwork and the box.

Ya i wouldnt send frozen pods to peole unless you are shipping htem thermoregulated with dry ice or in a special shipping truck or something cuz they will open a box of potentially rotten mush lol..
You should be able to dehydrate them fine tho. I dont see why not.

Theres another way.to send frozen pods but its expensive to do it... Send em with 5lbs of dry ice in a box suited for shipping dry ice...We do it all the time using FedEx as our shipper... Not sure of the current pricing of shipping a box with dry ice in it, its do able

Well ama send some pods in a while just wondering if I can send them that way I dont wait till i get fresh pods from each plant to send em, ill just wait then, and then I will Freeze all the pods I dont eat, so many that go to waste, well no more, and Do you guys Just put the pods in the freezer or should I put them in some special bag or topper wear.

Well ama send some pods in a while just wondering if I can send them that way I dont wait till i get fresh pods from each plant to send em, ill just wait then, and then I will Freeze all the pods I dont eat, so many that go to waste, well no more, and Do you guys Just put the pods in the freezer or should I put them in some special bag or topper wear.

Personally I just dehydrate mine because they shrink quite a bit and can be either stored without taking up freezer room, or flaked/powdered and then you can litterally fit liek 100's of pods into small containers. I coule easily fit 100 fatali pods into a sandwitch ziplock when powdered and over 50 flaked easy.

Personally I just dehydrate mine because they shrink quite a bit and can be either stored without taking up freezer room, or flaked/powdered and then you can litterally fit liek 100's of pods into small containers. I coule easily fit 100 fatali pods into a sandwitch ziplock when powdered and over 50 flaked easy.
Nice Now all I need is a Dehydrator, I seen so many and they seem to do the Same Yet the Price differences are enormous and Not Just that I see better Reviews of the Cheap ones, Its confusing, Lucky me I get payed morrow so It might be a Hunt this Week, also Space is not the Problem is just that Deydrated pods well....Im not sure how to use em in foods

i thawed a bunch of goatsweed, superchili and other long annuums yesterday and they are in the dehydrator now. some had been in the freezer since 2010, freed up 3 bags out of the freezer.

when i removed them from the freezer, i put them on a paper towel and into the sun to dry out any moisture. once dried, i sliced them and set them onto the trays, yes, they were soft but that won't matter in the dehydrator. they are drying at 95F. got a good deal on fresh thai peppers and included them into the mix as well.

Back