• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Fresh Peppers? Long Island & NYC Area

So I can't seem to find any place in the Long Island & NYC area that sells a vast variety of fresh chili peppers. I've been to Stop & Shop, Whole Foods, and Fairway but all I can find is your typical Jalapeno, Serrano, and Habanero. Anyone have a go to spot to get these and other exotic varieties of peppers? I will be forever grateful!

We still have Carolina Reaper because they are growing in a green house, but everything else has been taken by frost.  We are in Kentucky, so I can not imagine it being any different north of here.  Certainly not New York.  If you look in the Market Place here at THP and in the Forum Advertisements you will find folk further south who are offering fresh pods.  Have talked to many in Florida who have said they are fruiting right now.

I wound up finding a pretty decent variety at a farmers market in NYC over the weekend, unfortunately I'm unsure of the location

Wild fan of farmers markets and staying in the local economy.  Think global.  Act local and all.  But have to wonder about fresh peppers in New York this time of the year.  Aren't you guys well past first frost?  If they are local and they have tours, please take some pictures.  It would be cool to see how to grow peppers in New York in late October.

Hey monstermash! You can check out the union square farmers market by union square in the city they usually have some cool hot peppers during the summer. And is there a western beef near you? They always have habaneros for sale.

Back