event Fresno Chile Festival...in Fresno?

Hi everybody! I'm happy to announce that the Partners of Downtown Fresno are organizing our very first Fresno Chile Festival, Saturday, June 18th 2011. Besides the usual music and entertainment, there is going to be a Fresno chile eating contest and a salsa making competition. But what I wanted the THP community to know about most is that there will be a vendor area for purveyors of fine chile products. Solar ovens and "sustainable" food related items as well. Spaces appear to vary between $100 and $150 with an equivalent deposit for cleaning.

So if any of y'all are gonna be in the Fresno, CA area in June, or would like to visit Cali during our nicest month, hop on The Fresno Chile Festival page and download the vendor application. If you plan to make it out, make sure to give us a shout! It's always fun to meet new folks with a passion for spiciness. :mouthonfire:

Thanks for the headsup, I might be able to make that event. I usually attend the Oxnard Salsa Festival, so the Fresno is right up my alley. It's all good my friend.

please keep us informed. I'll check out the website.

Update-o-rama!

So it's looking like the festival will have some interesting events. The chili eating contest is looking like it's going to be a race, from mildest to hottest and then back down the scale. It should be fun arguing if a serrano or a thai is hotter. Then there is a hint there might be a salsa making contest. Terms and eligibility are in debate at this point. And also there is going to be a open recipe solar cooking challenge.

Rounding it out there is also going to be a car show (there's rumors of a Tesla showing up) and a ton of different entertainers from Indian (from India) dancers, a bluegrass band and Fresno's badessassessest rock violinist.

Vendor spots are still open if anyone wants to bring the heat to 'No town. There's also a planned educational section that would greatly benefit from any general or specific pepper expertise, should one feel so inclined. ;)

Back