Friendly Hello from Greensboro, North Carolina !

I'm 37 and been a pepperhead since my dad dribbled some Texas Pete Hot Sauce on my bbq sammich way back when I was maybe 3 or 4.

I was the first person I knew, seen, or heard of pop a whole Orange Habanero in their mouth. That was in 1999-ish.

Had my first whole fresh Bhut Jolokia summer of last year... here's the video of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2RCuxnz43c

The outdoor season is short, but the summer here is great for growing chiles. Very humid and warm.

I stepped out the airport in St. Paul in November of 2000. COLD is not even the right word.

Welcome to the forum! I was born and raised in Greensboro. Moved away about 7 years ago.

We have a lot of hot pepper interest here. My local friend is growing the Bhut I ate in the video. He has some Douglah's coming in soon and other superhots. Conditions seem to be really nice for gardening peppers here. We also have a nice variety of stores getting in various quality peppers. The city has changed so much in 7 years.. certainly downtown.

Hey, BJ, :welcome: to THP from Oregon!

I stepped out the airport in St. Paul in November of 2000. COLD is not even the right word.

We have a lot of hot pepper interest here. My local friend is growing the Bhut I ate in the video. He has some Douglah's coming in soon and other superhots. Conditions seem to be really nice for gardening peppers here. We also have a nice variety of stores getting in various quality peppers. The city has changed so much in 7 years.. certainly downtown.

Yea my family is still in Greensboro so im back there a few times a year. It is crazy how much it has changed. But where are you buying peppers there? At the Farmers Market?

Yea my family is still in Greensboro so im back there a few times a year. It is crazy how much it has changed. But where are you buying peppers there? At the Farmers Market?

Super G has a steady selection of Habs, Korean Peppers, Manzanos once in a while, Thai, Stwerd Peppers, Korean Long, Red Fresno, and some others.
Compare foods has the usual Jalapeno, Sereano, Poblanos, Caribs, Chilacas, Manano/peru rotillico, Cubans, Dried Mexican Varities, and a hab box that ends up filled with everything from devil tongue, scotch bonnet varieties, habs, caribbean reds, etc.
A few other places here and there.

:welcome: jakarta, have a nice time here....

Thanks! Are you familiar with the drink Intra Ginger Drink? Good stuff made in Indonesia.

Hey, BJ, :welcome: to THP from Oregon!

thanks! Would like to visit the great NE one of these days for some MTN Biking.

:welcome: from Australia

Thanks!

Back