• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

From flower "death" to a ripe pod..

How long does this typically take for a pod to grow and ripen given good conditions?
I'm just a bit worried - my douglah is only just starting to bud (No flowers opening yet)
And there's only 2 1/2-3 months of pretty good conditions left :(
I learnt my lesson...
START EARLY.

From what i've read, most pepper plants state 90 - 100 days from seedling to fruit...so i dare say you have loads of time left!!

Your environmental factors make a difference, so it's hard to say how quickly your douglahs will develop vs. mine or someone else's. But, in general, they're going to take roughly a couple weeks to grow to full-size, then another couple of weeks to ripen. Douglahs are late-season producers, so I recommend overwintering if you can. My overwintered douglahs kept producing for a while after I brought them inside, even after the others stopped.

You should get one flush of pods at least if they set fruit soon ... you don't get frosts in Auckland normally during winter so its not like they are going to all of a sudden curl up and keel over ,.. they will simply slow down ... you could probably even overwinter them outside no problem if you treat them right and cut them back at the right time ... whats the coldest it gets in Jafaland ... about 6-7 degrees Celsius at night during winter and up to 15-16 C during the day??

Correct Trippa.
If they take a month I've got heaps of time!
And with the amount of plants I have, I'm not sure I want pods coming out my ass.
I've already counted 35 bhuts on one of my 3 bhut plants and 30 Devil's Tongues, 20 black nagas, 20 red habs then my star performer has set fruit and I can't believe the number of flowers that are starting to open.
I suppose I could sell 'em :D I think it's time for a photo update thread.

Back