• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Frostbite hot sauce

I recently ordered some frostbite from ebay and it came sealed from cajohn sauce. when I opened it it had small brown clumps anf glitter? When I tasted it, it had a sour taste to it. Has anyone else had this problem? Will get pics soon.

The bottle I bought at Bowers had small brown clumps as it will until you shake it. I didn't try it straight, but I may have to sometime. For now I just like it in my "punch" :beer:

I recently ordered some frostbite from ebay and it came sealed from cajohn sauce. when I opened it it had small brown clumps anf glitter? When I tasted it, it had a sour taste to it. Has anyone else had this problem? Will get pics soon.

That's how it's supposed to be/taste. The clumps and glitter are the "Aquaresin of Capsicum", AKA Pepper Extract, and the sour taste is vinegar. I believe salt is the only other ingredient. It's not really a sauce so much as spicy vinegar. I have a bottle sitting on my shelf, it's pretty to look at when you shake it up.

I've got a bottle that I like to use with Corona or other lighter beers but mostly for any type of -tini drink. Made an Appletini for a friend and she kept looking at it like WTF? But turns out she loved teh litle bite of heat it gives.

Back