• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fruit fly maggots...

got a fruit fly infestations here alll my chilli pods are attacked at one section of my garden. lucky not all the parts. my kung pow and kelantan whites are effected.!!

wp000409.jpg

wp000408.jpg

wp000407.jpg

wp000406t.jpg

wp000405.jpg

the maggot eat everything inside and just leave a thin skin.!! the pepper above still had maggots moving round in there.!!!

I hate fruit flies. I sell produce so they're my worst enemy this time of year. We've never had much success using apple cider vinager. What works best for me is vacuuming them up. I just sneak up to wherever they congregate and pass the vacuum a few inches above them. They fly right into it. They die on impact when they hit the filter. Another trick is to put a bad tomato in a container with some dime sized holes. After a couple hours most of the fruit flies will go in there. Then just throw a bag over it and dispose of them.

get them to eat a bhut jolokia and after they finish collect them and sprinkle on your pizza :) as hot flavour hehehehe :onfire:

Back