• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fruit set issuses

I have a habanero plant that is covered in blooms but has yet to show a single pod. There's some flower drop but nothing that seems alarming. In the same greenhouse my anaheim, serrano, much nacho, and hot banana have fruit all over the place. There's ladybugs everywhere and I open the doors so there's a breeze going through the house. I've tried giving the plant a gentle shake as well. I'm thinking of giving the small paint brush trick a try. Any particular condition I might be missing or overdoing or is it harder for chineses to set fruit vs. annuums?

Chinense usually do take longer than annuums to set fruit. Not much you can do to speed up the process either. Maybe a little boost of phosphorous will help a little.

Good luck.

I have a habanero plant that is covered in blooms but has yet to show a single pod. There's some flower drop but nothing that seems alarming. In the same greenhouse my anaheim, serrano, much nacho, and hot banana have fruit all over the place. There's ladybugs everywhere and I open the doors so there's a breeze going through the house. I've tried giving the plant a gentle shake as well. I'm thinking of giving the small paint brush trick a try. Any particular condition I might be missing or overdoing or is it harder for chineses to set fruit vs. annuums?
Just be patient like Patrick said, patience! 3 of my super hots have yet to set pods! i have TONS of flowers but they keep falling off! but i keep on taking care of them and know that eventually when nature calls the pods will set! at least 5 other plants are setting so i will get some pods soon! :)

Once again patience pays off. The plant is now covered in fruit. Interestingly though, all the fruit is on new branches that came out from the bottom. Should be able to make some POOH sauce soon enough.

Similar problem. But I'm pretty sure it's from the heat right now. I moved all of my plants under a tent for indrect sunlight and they're flowering again. No fruit yet....very frustrating lol

Back