• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Frustrated.....What the heck is this >>>>> ?

I'm a bit frustrated with a couple of my ghost- peppers condition. They have this brown/yellowish spots in leafs. I ruled out the possibility of light burn due to water in leafs. Also, it seems like they have stopped growing, I haven't seen any new growth for a few weeks. Not sure what is going on. It can't be fertilizer burn because I give them 50% strength every other watering. Maybe they are under-Fertilized ?? can over-watering be the reason ? please help ...!!

2185765-T800600.jpg

2185767-T800600.jpg

They have stopped growing and seems like they aren't motivated to grow no more.
2185768-T800600.jpg

1 wk, 2 wk and still no change. plant keeps looking the same....
2185770-T800600.jpg

"It can't be fertilizer burn because I give them 50% strength every other watering"

You feed them everyother watering 1/2 strength inside, where plants do NOT grow fast enough to even be given 1/4 strength. Your feeding inside?????

That is fertilizer burn. Not sure why you think your even suppose to feed them 1/2 strength when they are outside growing at their full. Who told you to feed 1/2 strength every other watering??? I do not even do that outside!!!!!!!!!!

They are burned from fertilizer.

"Maybe they are under-Fertilized "

I have burned plants inside before and hate see others do it lol......

"It can't be fertilizer burn because I give them 50% strength every other watering"

You feed them everyother watering 1/2 strength inside, where plants do NOT grow fast enough to even be given 1/4 strength. Your feeding inside?????

That is fertilizer burn. Not sure why you think your even suppose to feed them 1/2 strength when they are outside growing at their full. Who told you to feed 1/2 strength every other watering??? I do not even do that outside!!!!!!!!!!

They are burned from fertilizer.

Good point Capsicum I didn't think about plants that are indoors need very little ferts. So do you recommend 1/4 strength ? remember, my growing media (pro-mix) does not have any ferts. That's why I went ahead and fertilize every other watering. It's my first real grow and i'm learning from my mistakes..,... Thank you cheers...

I have burned plants inside before and hate see others do it lol......
Thanks for the heads-up..!!! From all the reading and research, I never came across a thread where they talked about how much ferts should be given to indoor peppers. I learned something today.. :)

I'm with cap. It's too much fertilizer.

I've noticed over the years that you can fertilize the piss out of plants like bell peppers, super chiles, jalapenos etc.. They may not like it but, they can take it. Superhots are alot more tempermental with fertilizers compared to their not-so-hot cousins.

Brandon

Bells, jalapenos, etc have had a lot more time to be selected for that trait I think (ability to survive our best efforts to love them to death).

Superhots have not been cultivated as long here in the west.... I suspect that has something to do with it.

Thanks for the heads-up..!!! From all the reading and research, I never came across a thread where they talked about how much ferts should be given to indoor peppers. I learned something today.. :)

Lol give us an update and see if it helped. As you said your using promix so I can see why you would want to fertilize. I would fertilize based on plant growth rate due to conditions (light temp), that is best.

Just look at the feeding instructions on miracle gro. It has different feed rates for indoor and outdoor plants. The feeding for plants inside is much less at 1 tsp per gal and the outdoor is 1 tbl sp per gal, 3x as much!!!!!

If it's green let it be! :) If it's brown flush it down! Oh whoops wrong subject! :rofl: ..... Seriously if its green let it be. Like cap said feed it 1/8-1/4 strength every other week

+1 on nute burn...but I would give them a good once over for aphids/bugs just in case. Check the underside of each leaf very carefully.

Man those are the deepest green leaves I've ever seen. Aphids would love those babies. Don't fertilize according to your watering schedule. Go by time. 1/4 strength every three weeks or so. I would check the pH too. Best of luck to you.

Thanks for all the replies... :) I think theres something else than FERTILIZER-BURN on my sick ghost peppers. I bought s small soil test kit for Ph, Nitrogen, Phosphorous, and potash. I tested the peppers root-ball soil and final results were a bit shocking, all test results were way below toxicity levels. Nitrogen-Very Low
Phosphourus-Very low
Potash-Low
So, I did more research and googled and etc.... And came to the conclusion that my peppers suffered from Phosphourus deficiency. What do you guys think ? note: my fertilizer is General Organics from General Hydroponics.
Thanks you, cheers ...

Back