Full Spectrum Cajun, Jamaican & Tex-Mex Cuisines Flavor Matrix Recipe Designer Tables

I've done major edits cleaning up & expanding all of my previous media portions (over 20 tables now), so if you opened the thread to this post it might be worth looking up^.

Right now I'm plugging away on some classic American Pub / Party type dishes. Here's the few I've done so far:

Full-Spectrum-Montreal-Steak-Seasoning.jpg

Full-Spectrum-Buffalo-Chicken-Sauce-Recipe-Designer-Table.jpg

Full-Spectrum-Ranch-Dip-Recipe-Designer-Table.jpg

Full-Spectrum-Blue-Cheese-Dip-Recipe-Builder-Table.jpg

Why don't you take the right column (# Used) and make it descending (18, 17, 16...) so it is easy to see the most used ingredients, and then, the left column (Ingredients) would be in the order of most used, instead of alphabetical. This also follows the logic of reading ingredients on the side of a product, which are listed in order of amount. Also recipes usually follow this logic as well. Alphabetical is not really needed, there is no point. If allspice is almost never used it should not be first. When designing my own recipe I'd like to see what is used most to least easily.

If these were tables on a computer and you could click to sort each column, that would be ideal!

Agree with THP - would be handy as an app on a tablet or as a macro-laden Excel spreadsheet.

As is it seems a bit....complicated/confusing. I mean, are you creating spice rubs or plotting a rocket launch for Jupiter? There's white boards at NASA less complex than this. lol 

Back