• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Fun with Slugs! Inner child style

I recently found the ultimate in slug control... if you burn them with a propane torch but leave them juicy, the smell attracts more slugs in droves and they feed on the dead slugs over your plants... burn these new slugs and they'll just keep coming.
Pictures and possibly a video to come as proof :)
letting them come to you is much better than hunting all the little buggers down.

you go, Pyro! :lol:

ps- a splash of beer in a pie tin also works.....and you still have most of the beer for yourself! WOOT! :lol: That's the best part of that home remedy!

I used to go all Apee on those little BITCHES.

WEEDEATER!

It's easier to hold a 40 with a torch tho.... Go get'm Yum! :flamethrower:

Scovie, I don't think I want you weedeating the slug right next to the stem of my pepper plant while downing a 40 ouncer! :lol:

Hmmm, I wonder what capsaicin would do if spritzed on the slug???

torchage! just keep away from the electrical fixtures!!!! :cool:

I'll try it on the slugs, do ya think it would work for aphids????

Hahaha yeaaaah in the vid it's clearly a light but it's been broken since we built it so it is a "vent" or weep hole now :D

I don't think it works on aphids, they're not carnivorous. Probably likely to burn the plant with aphids too.... Wouldn't it be nice though! I don't have an aphid problem, whatever I'm doing this year is attracting TONS of beneficials that comb my plants at night and kill everything. It's pretty neat watching earwigs and spiders and Other creepy crawlies running all over the plants trying to hunt each other.

It may be the mulch; I haven't noticed them on my roses either. The mulch is home to lots of spiders.

......or kill time until the 5'9" brunette 3 houses down gets up for her morning strawberry smoothie and 3.4 mile jog @ 4:55am PST

:rofl:

4:55 PST? That would be....1:55 EST? WOW! I don't wanna be THAT chick, and I probably don't wanna know any guy waiting for a chick to go jogging at 1:55 local time!

:lol: just kidding ya, JAG~ ;)

Back