• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

Fungus Gnats Gone New Problem with Super Hot "White Leaves"

SO yesterday night I noticed my one young plant had white spots on it. Today I notice all my plants have whiteness on the leaves and look droopy. 2 days I ago I applied a 1 part hydrogen peroxide 4 part water solution to the soil. I also put up sticky yellow tape and I no longer have Fungus Gnats, but now have white spots on my plants! Please dont tell me there dieing and there is nothing i can do!
Here are some pictures of the plants.
I read that it could possible be sunburned and I had move my lights right on top of them and now I have moved my lights back.
My lights are 5 watt led grow bulbs and I have 3.
10440785_852406768185265_5448042748140637168_n.jpg

10413312_852406788185263_7919705533044697296_n.jpg

Also kind of curious do these look like carilona reapers to you guys?

I also use the double cup method to feed them water and I mist them every other day. Should I only Mist them at night when there is no  light?

9 parts water to 1 h2o2 . do you have a small fan blowing on them on a timer ? fertilome triple x is a great multicide, insecticide, fungicide .     :onfire:

I'd say sun burn from misting...not sure why you spray them so much since well in nature it doesn't rain every day. But as the days get longer the sun gets stronger and the drops of water act like a magnifying glass and can burn the leaves

The roots need moisture, not the leaves. Stop misting the leaves, especially at night. You don't want brown spot virus.

Water drops do not act as a magnifying glass during the summer. People do not run outside to hand dry their plants after a summer shower. Think of all the plant life that would be burnt if this were true....

Is it possible that you got some of the H2O2 on your leaves, causing white discoloration?

Or hard water spots from all that misting.

The water will act as a magnifying glass if you're trying to harden off plants then it rains and the sun comes out. I know cuz i've done it.

The first two plants look like theyre showing signs of pH thats way off. The top one more than the middle.

Heckle I use bottled distilled water to water them and they were fine until I did the hydrogen peroxide treatment

what should the ph level of the water I use to feed them?

Back