• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Funny as Richard Pryor

Have not had a big game tag in 2 years, so when I got drawn for archery Elk, I was happier than S. Got off work last Friday, packed some of the heavy duty gear I would need for a 7 day adventure by myself in some of the nastiest country in AZ. I was hunting off a fire road that closes on Dec 15, due to the fact that bad weather make this road impassible. Since the normal daytime temps in metro PHX area are reasonable, I wear shorts all year round. Pulled into my campsite near 11:00 pm, temps are in the 20'S. First thought Flannel jacket, Second thought beer. Off load the propane tanks, hook up the propane distribution tree then the lantern. Fire up the lantern then assemble my camp stove. I try to screw the camp stove's gas line to the distribution tree when I hear the hiss of death - sssssssssss-ppppuuuuuuuuffffffffffff Fire I am on fire!!!!!! Run like a MF'er thru the forest - jacket, whiskers, nose, eyelashes, eyebrows are aflame, ripoff my jacket and put myself out. turn around to see the tank has turned into a flame thrower, all within my first 5 mins of being there. Eyepeed on the tank to put out the flame and that ain't no lie. Synchronicity is crazy.

Dude; that is not a lie, I drove 160 miles to my camp without stopping thru traffic and off road conditions at night to a hunting unit I have never hunted and only scouted the previous weekend. I found a water source that I could sit on for 6 days straight that had fresh signs. I wanted light to see what the "f" I was doing and to set up my minimal camp. I sleep on a little foam pool floatie and sleeping bag, no tent, on the ground. I was in a hurry, I "F'ed Up" I had to piss from the drive. I ran while on fire and after putting myself out, I turned to see a 20lb propane tank shooting a huge flame. My water was still at the front of the bed the truck, which I would of had to unload. The only reason I started the thread as Richard Pryor is because he lite himself on fire doing coke and ran down the street This is no joke. Where do you want me to post this - in the hot talk forum

did you have that beer once the flames died down?

lucky to be alive! it shows how hard it is to blow those tanks up though.

Back