• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Galapagos - Isabela Island Red Habanero

thank you all i am so glad i sent the peppers to Nigel, i had no idea that it would be this popular

again awesome review Nigel and again thanks all for your kindness
i see no reason to stop now

thanks your friend Joe

just getting ready to sit down to a few small frozen pizzas i doctored up a little,also got a YOUNGS DOUBLE CHOCOLATE STOUT wow this is good!!

i through a little GALAPAGOS RED HAB on the pizzas as well as some Hatch chiles i got from BEAGLESTORM 2 weeks ago
be right back to let you know how it was, will edit in a little bit

verdict YUMMY not too hot good hab flavor really set the pizza right!! :dance:

thanks your friend Joe

So I harvested some last weekend, haven't gotten to eating one but they sure look tasty and glossy! Like Nigel said, the pods are quite big :D

IMAG3423.jpg

meatfreak said:
So I harvested some last weekend, haven't gotten to eating one but they sure look tasty and glossy! Like Nigel said, the pods are quite big :D

IMAG3423.jpg
im harvesting the last of mine today the season is done here :tear: :tear:
but yes they are big and beautiful, oh and by the way tasty too!!

if it were not for such a great trade with you last year this would not have happened

thanks your friend Joe

ajijoe said:
im harvesting the last of mine today the season is done here :tear: :tear:
but yes they are big and beautiful, oh and by the way tasty too!!

if it were not for such a great trade with you last year this would not have happened

thanks your friend Joe
I still got a lot of pods hanging on the plant as well, luckily a lot are ripening of and frost isn't coming for at least 2 weeks :D I have tasted one tonight when I de-seeded the pods. Nigel's description is spot on, couldn't said it better. Nice pepper with low heat, I'm gonna smoke them later this week.

meatfreak said:
I still got a lot of pods hanging on the plant as well, luckily a lot are ripening of and frost isn't coming for at least 2 weeks :D I have tasted one tonight when I de-seeded the pods. Nigel's description is spot on, couldn't said it better. Nice pepper with low heat, I'm gonna smoke them later this week.
yes there very good

i cut my plants out today(2) i got a large amount amount and happy to say there were not too many green ones, nigel did do a great job did he not??

thanks your friend Joe

I just heard from Grant from Jungle rain he basically told me the seeds came from a seed bank,but did not elaborate on how he came by them thats ok with me im just glad he did
i know that most species on the Galap Islands are protected, but we do have C. GALAPAGONESE so why not this one also right?? :party: ;)

he did agree that they are a Juicy and very tasty chile

i found them to be very prolific , im definatly growing again this year, i may even do a sauce with just them to see how it turns out
i just cut out my FIDALGA ROXA and got a noce pil;e of pods so im going to do a single species sauce with just them

thanks your friend Joe

Back