• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

gardening tool review

Not sure if this post belongs in this particular channel or not, but I just wanted to pass along a quick review of a gardening tool and figured it is technically grow tech?  Moderators, feel free to remove this post if we're not allowed to review products... 

So on to the review, I recently purchased the Dutch Potting Trowel from the DeWit Tool Company.  I must say I've read a lot about the company and their products and had a lot of friends endorse them as well, but damn, I'm impressed.  It has a hand-forged trowel with a hard wood handle and is guaranteed for life.  It arrived just in time for me to repot all of my peppers for this year's grow as well as some of my house plants.  The trowel felt sturdy and solid and the curved sides really helped keep the soil form falling off.  I think my best endorsement is that i didn't have think about it, i just used it... if that makes sense?  As a woodworker, I appreciate a hand tool that i don't have to fight with.  It should do it's job and become an extension of you.  This trowel felt good in my hand and after repotting a lot of plants, I never though about it once.

I promised myself after I passed my master gardener's exam I would reward myself with a new set of top hand tools and this is the first step...

Anyway, those are my thoughts... anyone else have experience with this company or this tool in particular?

trowel.jpg

My only thought was the neck that turns at a right angle down to the top of the blade, might get in the way?  But, I guess you found no trouble with it.

Roguejim said:
My only thought was the neck that turns at a right angle down to the top of the blade, might get in the way?  But, I guess you found no trouble with it.

I thought about that too, but it didn't bother me at all...this tool is supposedly designed for potting, i guess they do have other trowels that might be better suited to work outside 

I like the review. I personally like the 90 degree turn. More leverage I would think. I suppose some tools work better for certain tasks. Will look into that. Thanks

Back