• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Gary 2009 season

hello all, i have put down almost all of my seeds and have had about 45% come up so not very good germanation rates but any way the ones have got up have gone under 2 x daylight tubes 18w each and some of the bigger ones have been put under the envirolight
IMG_0789-1.jpg

IMG_0790-1.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

Nice Gary...

i have sorted them out a bit and managed to put the bulb closer i am not sure how close its ment to be
IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

Whether it is close enough to the plants or not I do not know, but from the look of them they appear very healthy. You're obviously doing something right.

Gary18 said:
yeh its easy to work with and does not lose heat as fast as it does in a cupboard

I just love it when people improvise so successfully, not in the least because it gives me good ideas.

yeh well the seedling have been under a 18w daylight tube up until now so im sure they will love the extra power

Got a nice crop going there Gary. When do they go outside in Scotland? Anytime after April here, but I'll bring them in if it might drop to the 30's at night.

bigt said:
Got a nice crop going there Gary. When do they go outside in Scotland? Anytime after April here, but I'll bring them in if it might drop to the 30's at night.

hey big t ehh hard to tell have a crap climet here soo april-may time soo they need a real good head start soo i am hopeing under the enviro will boost them along got some over winterd plants so they should produce well this year they are at the window a little sad at the moment i was thinking of maby geting a light for them just to put on for a few hours after the sun goes down just to extend the day maby some kind of hid would that work ?

Gary18 said:
i was thinking of maby geting a light for them just to put on for a few hours after the sun goes down just to extend the day maby some kind of hid would that work ?

HID's kick major ass, but probably too expensive for an extend the day light. Just get a CFL. 66F here right now and sunny. It's a fine day in Virginia.

i was thinking because it was only on for a few hours a day it would not be as expencive will have to think about it as hid is the best soarce of light

also have another question i have started 8 seeds in rockwool can you just put them in to soil after the roots show ?

Gary18 said:
also have another question i have started 8 seeds in rockwool can you just put them in to soil after the roots show ?

Yes, just bury the whole cube. Gives you a chance to go deeper if seedlings are a little leggy.

Back