G'day from Melb, Australia

Hi guys,

I'm based in Melb. Australia and I'm a complete novice..It's my second year growing chillies. The first year I grew Birds eye and Orange Habanero in pots on my front door step. Birds eye was ok with about 60 chillies but Habanero only got about 15 really small chillies the size of your thumb nail.

Anyway this season I dug up the garden bed and put in new premium soil...replanted my chilli plants from last year (yes they lasted through winter) but the Habanero just died...leaves curled up, went brown and died. I think it had root rot.

The birds eye is struggling but Ive stopped watering every day and plan to water every 3 days. I have also got a cheap greenhouse made of thin plastic. I sowed a variety of chilli seeds in Jiffy pods and some in potting mix. A storm came through last night and picked up the greenhouse...all seed containers hit the floor in a pile. How devastating.

I will try finding the seeds on the floor and planting them again..they haven't germinated yet. In reading the prior posts here I was probably not doing the right thing by trying to germinate seeds in the greenhouse with outside temp from 15-19 celcius. I'll try leaving them in the house and once germinated I will take them to the greenhouse.

I'm probably doing many thing wrong so as I ask questions or if you see I'm heading down the path of disaster please offer your comments.

I'm trying to grow more habanero, birds eye, bhut, and a few others.

Thanks

Aussie280

:welcome: from Brizzy!

Yeah, no matter how hard you try to avoid it, disaster always happens at some stage and in some shape or form. :(

Good to hear ya picking it back up (literally ;)) and giving it another shot!

We're going to over run the place soon. We'll have the forums to ourselves, and all you others will just have a single thread about overwintering and single winter time seed germination thread that you all hide in.
muah ha ha ha ha!
47x36.png

Excellent.

welcome!

We're going to over run the place soon. We'll have the forums to ourselves, and all you others will just have a single thread about overwintering and single winter time seed germination thread that you all hide in.
muah ha ha ha ha!
47x36.png

Excellent.

welcome!

:rofl: :rofl:

Back