Gday from OZ

Gday all.

My names Pete i live in Gippsland, Victoria. The green belt. Been addicted to chili's for a few years and have decided this year to have a go at growing some of the more exotic and super hot variety's. Had a good start to the season with about 90% germination rate in small coir pots of a few naga/jolokia variety's. However i was erring on the side of caution water wise and we had a 42 degree day and they all where bone dry and kicked the bucket by the time i got home from work.

So im starting again. Soaked in water for an hour or so then wrapped in wet tissues and placed in sandwich bags left slightly open on a heating pad. This was the technique i used the first time round and had such good success im sticking to it. After germination begins i will plant them in some rockwool blocks i bought and set them up with a small ammount of water in the bottom so they can bottom feed on water as well as a daily spray if needs be. It's getting late in the season but hopefully this will see me right. Any advice or hints would be appreciated.

Cheers
Pete:mouthonfire:

Welcome from Newcastle, New South Wales. I think I've welcomed you in another thread......Oh well....:)

Mate, as it's getting late in the season, it's hard to give any advice that will help increase the growth rate so you can get good fruit before winter.

Some of us Aussies are setting up hydro type boxes for winter so we can grow fatalli's for a world wide fatalii grow that the forum is doing.

That's the only real way you are going to get a longer season

Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas

Another Australian!

Geeez, when are we going to do something about this infestation?

Ah well, welcome Pete!

G'day M8 from Brisbane, Aust.,
Welcome to THP.
Bummer re your plants and hot weather. Starting seedlings in mid summer Aust. has it's risks, unfortunately.
Good luck with new seedlings.
cheers
Steve:)

Back