• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Geist 2014 indoor/outdoor balcony glog

And so it begins.
Thanks to my namesake brother for seeds for my 2014 season. I'm starting the season early with just one of the varieties he gave me to get me through this cold winter.

It's a Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend x Bhut Jolokia F2

4 seeds were placed in a wet papertowel in a ziplock. All 4 germinated after a week with no heating pad.

Placed on top of wet soil with a ziplock around for humidity and under a daylight spectrum cfl. This should be a really fun season. Thanks again to Spicegeist!

HZlKM7E.jpg

uTmSiO0.jpg

My aji limon pepper is still going strong. It's going to get harvested and trimmed up pretty soon. That sad branch crawling along the ground...
3Fo5idt.jpg

spRqXDz.jpg

My balcony grow space for this Spring.
uD8wjoC.jpg

Just a small update to mark it officially being 2014. This is the seedling I chose out of the 4 to get the all of the lamp time. It looks so innocent now but it will soon unleash its true power.
xpX49Cf.jpg

There's one other seedling not pictured that I kept just as an experiment by the balcony window getting only that winter light. It was doing almost as well so I felt guilty snuffing it out.

Back