Gemp checking in

What's up guys. I came across this forum in my searches for ideas for hot sauces and rubs,and thought I would join the fun. I grew a small chop of peppers this summer. I'm going a little bigger next year. I do a lot of grilling and BBQ'ing, so I'm always on the look out for new things to try.

Here is a bad pic last harvest before our 1st frost.
Picture.jpg

mmmm beer, oh yeah those peppers look grouse too:)

Welcome from gods great garden mate, you will soon be addicted to the thp!

welcome from over the pond. I see your from the same woods as IGGY what you mean who's he! Now you are here it won't take you long to fine out! (no offence IGG you know it's all good)

Welcome from Lake Constance, Germany!

I see you like German beer. But why Paulaner? It will give you a headache! When it comes to beer from Munich better choose Franziskaner!

Passow welcomes you from...uhh...well...Cleveland! And like it was said above, it won't take long till you find out who I am... :hell:

Armadillo said:

I see you like German beer. But why Paulaner? It will give you a headache! When it comes to beer from Munich better choose Franziskaner!
Or Spatan Optimator!!! Hey, at least the guy isn't drinking MGD.

Thanks for the warm welcome....:onfire:

Armadillo said:

Yeah, Paulaner isn't not a fav of mine. But I like the mug, Thats one of our local brews Great Lakes Oktoberfest. I'm a big fan of Märzen beers. It's got to be the German in me....

Gemp said:
... I grew a small chop of peppers this summer. I'm going a little bigger next year. I do a lot of grilling and BBQ'ing, so I'm always on the look out for new things to try...

another victim on their way to addiction - it's not too late to back out now you know Gemp - this is how it starts - recreational use of a fairly small crop of innocent peppers, then you start getting onto the hotter sauces, maybe even dabbling in a few extracts, next thing you know your family and friends will be introducing you around as 'he's the one I told you about...'. before you know it your life will revolve around peppers - how many can I grow? how many can I eat? how do I make powder? anyone know any other ways I can absorb more capsaicin into my body other than by eating it?... I am the voice of experience, along with the many other enlightened souls who frequent these boards - welcome to THP from the great land Down Under.

Welcome from Fort Worth

Gemp said:
Yeah, Paulaner isn't not a fav of mine. But I like the mug, Thats one of our local brews Great Lakes Oktoberfest. I'm a big fan of Märzen beers. It's got to be the German in me....

You have German ancestors?

chilliman64 said:
another victim on their way to addiction - it's not too late to back out now you know Gemp - this is how it starts - recreational use of a fairly small crop of innocent peppers, then you start getting onto the hotter sauces, maybe even dabbling in a few extracts, next thing you know your family and friends will be introducing you around as 'he's the one I told you about...'. before you know it your life will revolve around peppers - how many can I grow? how many can I eat? how do I make powder? anyone know any other ways I can absorb more capsaicin into my body other than by eating it?... I am the voice of experience, along with the many other enlightened souls who frequent these boards - welcome to THP from the great land Down Under.

That's about a perfect description. :D

Todays example...I'd picked up some "Jalapeno Cornbread" mix on sale.

Pretty cool, but just ain't gonna do it.

SO, I added minced up: clove of garlic, couple slices of onion, 3 serranos, a Funky Hab, arbol/cayenne/chipote chile powder and some diced black olives.

Topped it while warm w/ shredded cheese and some THSC Afterburner....NOW, it's freaking delicious.

-QS

Back