• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

GH Nutrient Iphone app!

Finally, a decent app for the iPhone! And it's free!
I just found this today, so if anyone else has already posted it I apologize in advance (though I did do a search before posting)
GH iPhone app
I put it on mine and fiddled with it a bit and so far it looks pretty cool- probably a little handier than spreadsheets anyways. The only drawback to it I can see so far is the units of measure- your choices are gallons or liters and ounces or milliliters and that's it.

3832268954_f8d4b523c6.jpg

'For more than 30 years, General Hydroponics has been bringing nature and technology together. And now we are bringing technology to your feeding schedule. Our team has developed a new application for the iPhone: an interactive feeding chart. We are the first in the industry to bring a feed chart to the iPhone and iPod Touch, and we have many more ideas to increase its helpful functions in the future.'

I think iphones and the apps are. A bit of a gimmick, I mean which useful app do you delete first when the phone starts lagging,
Wouldn't a laminated feed chart (like the one pictured) stuck up beside your hydro nute measuring area be a lot easier than having to get the phone out click through to the app etc etc.

Sorry but I really think that 95% of apps are pretty much pointless

Dave-
I agree with you that people are app happy for no reason. This one isn't exactly in that category.
Sure, you could use the online GH computer and then print it out and- laminate? Sorry, don't have one handy, but I have a knack for spattering nutrient all over hardcopy I do try to print and save. And I'm tired of either losing a hard copy or trying to copy & paste the unfriendly online calculator into a readable spreadsheet that I can save.
Not sure what 'lagging' is in this case, so I can't help you there.

:)

'Lagging' when you fill up your memory with useless tat and it slows your comp/phone rights down causing it to do easy chores a lot slower that it should.
I I've put a grand total of 3 apps on my blackberry, a dictionary/thesaurus app a currency converter (real time) and paypal

I don't work in ppm - can you change that? Not that it matters as I don't have an Iphone.

Also I use the same amount of grow, bloom and micro throughout my grow and keep the nutrient strength at what the plants tell me. Nutrient strength rises its too strong - add water. And vice versa.

Chris

Back