• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Ghost Pepper Chocolates!

I decided to make some spicy chocolates the other day. I think they turned out good! Got a nice kick to em! Sweet at first then you taste the ghost pepper and it gets spicy!!

Pretty easy to make!

nucRU.jpg

Melt the chocolate. I did this outside because I didn't want the powder to be used inside.

LGNbC.jpg

Throw the powder in. I ended up tasting it here, adding a bit more chocolate, and then another spoonful of powder because it tasted good!

nPzPb.jpg

I wanted to get a shaped ice cube tray to mold them, but i decided not to this time. Next time I will!

I used a normal ice cube tray. Put it in the freezer and then banged the back of it till they all came out!

Oh by the way. The chocolate is Hershey Special Dark, and the powder is about 3/4 ghost 1/4 cayenne

They have a nice long burn too, doesn't go away really quick. The old lady had a little piece and looked like this ... :mouthonfire: ( She doesn't like really hot stuff, but can handle normal stuff like jalapenos)

that is AWESOME!!! i have been adding poweder to my chocolate for quite some time and it makes it SOOOOOO much better! if you want to add a twist add a little butter and cream and turn it to gnache and you can roll it into balls and just keep them in the freezer and pull one or 2 out for a sweet snack! i make magic chocolate this way and i use the dark choc chips and add 2 squares of 100% cocoa baking bar, comes out AMAZING!!!!!

anywhoo, great job! glad i am not the only one that likes the spicy chocolate

I've got a little plan with ghost pepper chocolates in the works.... Takes a while to make mine but when its done I'll post up some pictures for everyone!!! :) The heat dissipates quite quickly though.

I've got a little plan with ghost pepper chocolates in the works.... Takes a while to make mine but when its done I'll post up some pictures for everyone!!! :) The heat dissipates quite quickly though.

I'd love to see! I didn't try anything detailed, but also have anther recipe i am going to try soon!

wow! that looks like a LOT of powder for that small amount of chocolate. I can imagine what the wife said~ :lol:

If you get into making a bunch of chocolates, there are silicon candy molds in lots of shapes, but I don't know if there's a chile pod shaped one. That would be WAY cool!

Have fun~

wow! that looks like a LOT of powder for that small amount of chocolate. I can imagine what the wife said~ :lol:

If you get into making a bunch of chocolates, there are silicon candy molds in lots of shapes, but I don't know if there's a chile pod shaped one. That would be WAY cool!

Have fun~

Yeah, I wanted to use these, but i was to lazy to go find them!

i tried this a few days ago, i wasn't paying attention and used smoked bhut powder instead of normal. seems i accidentally created smokey hot chocolate, not too bad flovor, is a bit strange with the smokey comming out when you eat it.

Back