Giant White Habanero

I've had a lot of difficulty with the giant white "hab" and so have many other growers. I may have some extra seeds, but I'm not sure of the quality.
Luigimex I believe has been working on a selective breeding program for this variety. I always love seeing pics of his amazing plants.

What type of difficulty are you talking about? I may not want to try to grow something that's going to be a big problem to me.

Alan

There appears to be a lot of germination problems and I've personally only harvested 3 pod in 2 years of growing them. I might try 1 more time but I'm frustrated with them. I'd recommend the white bullet/ammo types, they are quite productive and easy to find and grow.

I've just put my Giant White Habs in the airing cupboard today, I've only put one seed in, maybe I should have used a truck load. I'll let you know if it germinates. The source I got them from is good though (an Italian member here mentioned not long ago).

I've tried three years in a row...easy to germinate. Issue is I never once grew a pure strain. They always turned red, peach, or orange. Nice pods, but I wanted white. :)

Chris

POTAWIE said:
I've had a lot of difficulty with the giant white "hab" and so have many other growers. I may have some extra seeds, but I'm not sure of the quality.
Luigimex I believe has been working on a selective breeding program for this variety. I always love seeing pics of his amazing plants.

yes .... the plant is this :hell:

If you really need white, try the white bullet habs. They are easy to grow and very productive. I have had volunteers spout every year in the garden.

Megamaster, NOW I know wich variety I should have asked you for seeds of for our seed trade. :) You actually grew a pure Giant White Habanero!

Chris

cmpman1974 said:
Megamaster, NOW I know wich variety I should have asked you for seeds of for our seed trade. :) You actually grew a pure Giant White Habanero!

Chris

That pic is Luigi's plant is it not?

I was having second thoughts about trying to grow the Giant White Habanero until i saw the picture posted by megamastger71. I really think it would be unique to make some white hot sauce.

If anybody has seeds I'm still looking.

Thanks,
Alan

Sorry, I just germinated my last few seeds and actually had good success with this batch. I found the pods, like other white varieties, actually only go through a brief white period and are mostly yellow

Luigi grows some excellent plants !

He's got some really interesting crosses as well.

there is a old thread somewhere showing really nice pics of his plants but i cant seem to find it.

Back