• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Gift from a colleague

Her family got seeds from someone and planted, so here they are:

bYeagUf.jpg

hRhhsNL.jpg

dCCvNRA.jpg

First I tried the first one from the right (1st pic), no heat at all until the end where the seeds are, then mild heat. Then I tried the red one on the bottom (1st pic), which was probably 2/10. Then I tried the 1st one from the left (1st pic), which had a decent heat, probably 6/10, mostly under my tongue and back of my throat.

The caps look similar on all of them, they seem like annuum hybrid/crosses. With hybrids, you can get a bunch of different shaped pods from the same parent.

If they taste better than average, then save the seed. Otherwise start fresh next season and pick up the types you like best; roasters, stuffers, pickling, etc.

simonwtd said:
Red one on botton pic maybe is de arbol?

Hm, comparing pictures of de arbol from google and my pics, not really...

Jetchuka said:
The caps look similar on all of them, they seem like annuum hybrid/crosses. With hybrids, you can get a bunch of different shaped pods from the same parent.

If they taste better than average, then save the seed. Otherwise start fresh next season and pick up the types you like best; roasters, stuffers, pickling, etc.

Taste was nothing special, saved some seeds, but I doubt I'll plant them. Thanks!

Back