• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Ginormous Store Jalapenos

Look out of your window now though. Today is like summer, bright blue skies, no central heating, skirts and t-shirts, well maybe not skirts in your case ;)

rainbowberry said:
That's what I'm growing Potawie Jalapeno M (Jumbo). I got my Jalapeno's all muddled up. The Jalapeno M (Jumbo) grows on average to 3 inches long, the Jalapeno Grande is 4 inches by 1.5 inches. I only know this thanks to the chileman database. I think you'd be in with a winning chance for corking Potawie and if a lot of English are growing in the competition then length too (crap summers we have).

Did you even ask Quad if he wants to cork Potowie?;)

I seem to remember a thread on Biker Bill's Jumbo jalapenos a while back.(or something like that) Someone was going to do a seed sharing. I can't remember who exactly.

I guess rainbowberry has the varieties down, I will just re-iterate, that people are always underestimating jalapenos heat.

They are HOT! I have seen many threads asking "what wierd variety of jalapenos are these that are so hot?"

(not that quad is doing that, but jalapenos are hot!)

I think that pickled jalapenos and restaraunt mild jalapenos have given jalapenos a mild name.

Jalapenos have been bred for low heat for many years now and its difficult for me to find ones with heat anywhere without growing my own

I found the japs I grew last year had a tonne more heat even green than any store bought jap ive ever eaten lol I had compliments on the heat of them from my cousin

nice corking Potawie, very nice!

some years ago I got seeds from an Aussie supplier for hot jalapenos. OMG they were hot. they were called something like 'hot jalapenos', ok, so I'm only guessing, I can't really remember the name of the variety but they were extremely hot for a jal.

rainbowberry said:
Look out of your window now though. Today is like summer, bright blue skies, no central heating, skirts and t-shirts, well maybe not skirts in your case ;)

ahhh skirts... :drooling:

hope chilliwoman doesn't see this ;)

Back