• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

=[ GM's Far East, Indian, and Moroccan Heat ]=

I am on a mission to crawl cuisine from the Far East and I'd love to see what other people fix ...

I set my OCD loose on loose leaf tea, then microbrews, then single lot coffee, and then curry dishes, and now it's going to be food from the other side of the Pacific ...

For one, I love thai chili peppers and other peppers typical to that region ... I bought a number of types of chili pepper plants that I'm growing this summer to improve my experience w/ all of this ...

Also, I love wontons and dumplings ... it's a thing for me, I guess, so I thought I'd get some reference material and get started this weekend ...

There are a lot of salad dishes that I like from over yonder as well, and part of my motivation is to widen my skill set on making dressings from scratch and to have a lot of salad generally speaking ...

The other night I got started ...

There was some sesame ginger dressing on this one, not homemade, and not as good as sesame oil and sriracha either ...

I was also missing scallions ...

It was still good.

Tonight I wanted to improve upon my last effort.

It began w/ a test ...

Concept. Approved.

Ready the bits ...

I laid the ingredients out in nice lines, but you can't tell because i got all jiggy with the scallion shreds and sriracha =)

I'm really happy to begin my crawl of this type of cuisine ... please feel free to hijack the thread for a while if you want to rock out with your santoku out ...

Who knows ... maybe I'll learn to appreciate sashimi before it's done ...

Pooks wants some freshies - I'd send you some if I had 'em ...

1010's pods are beautiful ... thick-walled goodness ...

Now ...

I'm getting in the mood for Moroccan ...

I unpacked some aji limon from D3 yesterday, which I'm about to wash, and it reminded me of some tagine cooking ...

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/9178-the-drunken-chef/page-521

I have to say, that is as fine a page in THP history as most any ... see what I did there, built in hater protection!

And that, well that reminds me of the time when Danielle took the crown in a TD that I entered on Saturday, by cooking my original idea, on Sunday ...

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/35110-begin-oktoberfused-throwdown/page-7#entry716294

And a little more tagine action from time's past ...

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/9178-the-drunken-chef/page-526#entry702857

Awwww Yisss - MOAR TAGINE IS COMING!

The Hot Pepper said:

Interesting. I could send a couple rare Other Half your way?

Not necessary.  Just shoot where you want them and I will send some.  Will be a few days as Grant took all the Shishito that I picked.   

I have an old schoolmate who lives in Japan ...

I'm going to repost some of his food in here from time to time, to add some authenticity ...

14fb5ced27e462dd7cb26b17fa4a0b67.jpg

yongkang beef noodle 台北‥.

e84b35ec15ecb60818121c40132c8e92.jpg

Back