• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Gnildir's Peppers-n-melons

Hey guys...

I know I have not greeted myself yet, but I found this forum by accident when looking for something. I was introduced to this crazy world of growing hot peppers from Quadshotz. I have met this silly pepper freak online in a game about 8 years ago, and then last year, another game player came to the states for the wedding, and then flew over to Eastern Washington, so I took a bus and met them both. We had a good time, ate out quite a bit, drank some good beer, and had 1 hellofvua dinner at quad's friends house. It was skates slathered with this hot-sauce that his friend cooked up. Since I am slowly getting used to hot peppers, I must have lost count on the beers I had when I was eating dinner.

Anyways, thanks to Quad, and now it's time for show-n-tell...

Bhut Jolokias and watermelon growing in fiber pots at the nursery where I work at. This is 1 of the cool-frame greenhouse that we have, and I have shade cloth over 1/2 of it. The peppers and melons are growing in the un-shaded part of the greenhouse.
peppersnmelon.jpg

Bhut jolokia in 4 inch pots in a different greenhouse at the nursery
bhut.jpg

The pepper table in the production green-house at the nursery. There's Bhut Jolokia and Naga Morich and there's some okra in 4 inch pots on that table too.
peppertable.jpg

Bhut Jolokia growing in a fiber pot in the greenhouse where I work. The melons and the peppers are going to get spoiled while getting watered. There is a fertilizer injector in the watering system at work, so the plants will get a trace of fertilizer every time they get watered. I can control the amount of fertilizer that gets added to the water. The peppers are just getting ready to start flowering up. I do have a bizarre pest, and hopefully, I got rid of him... there is a fricking leaf-cutter bee nesting in the pot of 1 of the bhuts. It has almost defoliated the angels trumpet that I was going to take home. If that stupid leaf-cutter bee is still there (after removing the nesting cells several times), I'm gona use a sticky-trap and to catch and kill this bastid! I am also reducing the number of leaf-cutter bees as they made all of the cannas that the nursery were selling look like swiss cheese!
bhut1.jpg

Nicely done Gnildir (thanks Q) Looks like you have a job from heaven. Keep us posted ....first ripe pod you're gonna eat on cam right? :lol:

Welcome to THP

:cheers:

Sweet pics bro!

Cool too, I just bought some of those same 99-cent 8x8 fiber pots from NW Seed for my babies.

Oh gnil, since Ross and I are both growing Naga's now, and Tip is bringing god-knows-what unholy sauces...so you're in trouble next dinnertime..teehee.

Plus, ya missed out on Flaming Joe's...

Props to THSC for pimpin' da seeds.

-QS

welcome Gnildir great set up for your growing..im jealous lol,nice to see you growing some okra and melons..something im doing next season..so if im a pain asking advice..sorry ;):lol:

Nice looking plant mate :)

Quads, I got a problem with sauces .........I keep eating them :hell:

Bhut I will bring some of the best UK sauces :mouthonfire:

Tip

Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas

Back