• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GNSLNGR 2013,14, and 1 to grow on 2015!,..Just some pics of another on the go "grow"

The grow begins....pictureless. Because everyone should be able to "minds eye" a picture of dirt. Dirt on the road.....
in the back of an FJ for afew days -parking managed by sun light availability.3 days later 1 65 watt halogen to keep em warm.
On the tenth day(10 days after germ beganso closer to 2 weeks), I head back to the ranch-metaphorically thinking...or typing-whatever;)!

Over watered, because got over dry, sink or swim kids.....if you make it, you will rule!
At this point , they're being fed with 2 strip flourescents and a 90 watt grolight.
One cat thought , awesome, it is warm, the humans fuss over this spot, so I will sleep here.I gently extricate cat, for it knows not what it does. I assume waking up in the air will get my point across, as far as "must not sleep there".Seems to work.Uno , my ever watchful Jack Russell Valkyrie Familiar, drives the exclamation point home by chasing "Lira"up the nearest tree.Not much damage due skillful cat handling ;).

3 weeks....getting a watering schedule dialed, most sprouts have returned to their precat status, and yes some got helped back "up".2 or 3 were brutally uprooted in frustration, which I played off as "Let that be a lesson to the rest of you!".No time for the sissy stuff this year.The missing plants have been split and put into 12 Oz'rs.
4 days after this, all potential plantlets were transplanted into 16/20oz cups. Yes I know"Its way to early said the choir"!!!!
Tough shit, hit the dirt, time to drive back to Houston.So I packed up the truck "and they moved to Beverly....", well Houston.
The next pic you will see one tupperware tray, the little kids get to stay home with the evil princess;).

I talk all this smack , and then notice when I get to Houston that the vibration has toppled half of the plants(narrow bases of the 16 oz cups walking around....ahhh F*ck,"We have casualties on the ground, I need air YESTERDAY! I say again...".Shit , Its 23:30.
In 30 minutes, they have been recupped and dual large bore IV'd.To prevent further damage, I seak out plastic cups at the nearest late night Indian owned gasvenience station.....What about beer you ask?....HeHeHe-I left home fully loaded, on ice, I hate driving around late at night looking for beer. I don't really like doing it for cups either, but you what you gotta do, or won't have a grow.The cups were(and did) to provide buffers for the tippers, and were placed inverted in various places to prevent VIT during additional transit required.Photo bucket crapped out so this is it for episode one.
Have a good one-
DJ

Addition relevant comments:
I believe new grow seeds for this round are all Chinense, and in order of appearance:
First up 1. Peach Bullets -R Alber; 2;Melissa's Black Scorpions Tongues -3 days.
Second up 3. Carolina Reapers-Pepper Joe/Ed Currie; 4. Bhut Jolokia X 7 Pot Douglah-Matt G; 5. 7 Pot Browns-OBN; 8. Bhut Jolokia x Cleo's Dragon-R Alber;-5 days
Third up 9. Jay's Peach Bhut -OBN; 10. Brain Strain Orange-OBN; 11.White Fatalli-R Alber; 12. TS Yellow x Bhut Jolokia Yellow-??, 13. Bhut Jolokia x Chocolate Hab-Matt G-7 days

Failure to lauch :The Pumpkin (not a Butch T)....Bummer, and 2 others......?????
At the end of the next 9 day stretch ,all were tx'd to 20 oz cups, and nice rootage;)
The beasts of the bunch-Melissa's Black Scorpions Tongues, and Then The Bhut Jolokia x Cleo's Dragons, all of which had 6-8 leaves on departing for Ghana.
Beers-
DJ

0200 hrs Memorial Day....Secure subsea operations , return to Naval Base Sekondi for demobilization of subs and gear!Cold beer and bandwidth....both very relative terms in Ghana ... :rofl: :rofl:
Trippa-Roger what you said....funny how things that are so obvious to us seems like rocket science or alchemy to the rest of the world!I have another start planned, as I had one in progress as well when I left this time, that just went to waste....but saved all my annuums for the next round , plenty of time for those with our Louisiana growing season being 9-10 months long.Hopefully those seeds will do their duty for you.

Hey Smurf.....you gotta rub it in doncha!?...what really sucked was getting everything done outside the secure server-bypassing and going through 9 million servers just to get the the last log entry in, and not being able to at least distract myself with "other peoples grows"!Took several sessions of bouncing around just to get the pics into photobucket and edited "sorta" ,and back here!Now I can surf freely at least and see how far behind I am :onfire: !
Greg- If I squished em all , all my starters this year would be dead. I will admit to collecting several ladybugs and putting them in a box with the 2 worst "infestated "
seedlings.....they do a pretty good job once the decide to stay put, though to get a few together on one or 2 seedlings takes awhile, the key is in getting males and females together in a good ratio , for obvious reasons. I hope those seeds spike up for you.

Jaimie-Well put! :fireball: !!!!!!

Guess I need to update......okay, here is an outdated new update(LOL).Most are in the ground , with newly amended soil....and a drip system that is not connected yet.July is a wet month so I should be okay.....

Bhut Jolokia x Cleo's Dragons , now in the ground

Giant Bhuts, startin to spike up.I love spikes;)!

Choc Bhut x 7 Pot Yellow f-5's , This one has some really nice pods coming along.

DBT f-3's.....something wicked this way comes, overwintered specimen.

DBT turning....

Purple Bhut....this one came up in a 35 gallon pot that had banana peppers last year, and choked everything else out. It is now the sole occupant....

Impact spikin up and gettin' mad...a Bhut Jolokia x Galopagoense cross from Rainbow Chili Seed Co(915 River).....gnarly!

You tell me, a mystery from last year, makes some cooly contortioned pods.....what the hell is it though?

Dirt Lurker...this guy would go from pot to pot almost on a daily basis , never figured a toad could attain the proper trajectory to do that with 6" pots.....
More to come.......

I haven't been been here for a while, but your update would've been worth the wait :P . Those are some great pods and your own pepperguard ;)

Super crazy looking pods Dave! Wow! Infinity was my first thought on that pod too, but it looks smaller toward the stem??? Here is an infinity I grew from the pod you sent me last year...
Xap6ViW.jpg

JHtWMOZ.jpg

The other plant I grew from them hasn't ripened any yet, but the ones on the plant have a long slender tail sorta like a Primo or Reaper with a bulbous top...both super cool looking! The pod above is going to a fellow Navy chilihead that claims he can eat anything I have to offer...I didn't reach for the Reapers, Morugas or Barrackpores....he's getting this pod! :rofl:  

Sorry for the thread jack...but I wanted to share that one with you...
You home now??? Miss you on here brudda!

Hey All-
Great to hear from everyone-hell, I miss me on here!3 weeks to a bit of time off...meanwhile, instead of jumping on all the grenades at work, I might need to REALLY f#ck something up to get another raise and promotion.Unfortunately, when they find out you can jump on the grenades at work....they just want you keep doing it!Then you get all the grenades-LOL.
I'm in Houston right now doing just that! These pics are month or so old, and there's more ready and loaded,so stand by , and I'll fire em off.

... Stickman, I got a tupperware full in the hotel fridge right now, so I had to laugh at that one!

Trippa-good to hear man. I'm really waitin on those White Fatalii's, the others, I know better then to be too anxious for them,LOL!

Jamie, what I need is some browsing time!Back at ya...

Matt-same to you; got one of yours in the next update.....Douglah x Bhut Jolokia

Wally and Sawyer-happy to oblige!

......and Chief, you picked a good un, funny I was thinkin the same thing...they  are wickedly merciless.Those are some wicked lookin ones you got growin there-like they are melting!Jack this thread anytime....
Until next time-
If ya gotta leave,LEAVE A MARK!

As promised....damn its nice to have real bandwidth!

The "Bull Naga" back at it this year, Black Naga "becoming"....

The Creature Feature...this little Anole is a hatchling, maybe 2 days old.The pod is a Black Naga, and you can tell be the leaves-this is a hungry plant, topdressed about 2 days prior to the photo, so the green is creeping back.

Monster Infinities, aptly named-mean, lingering very angry heat....VERY ANGRY. ...Right bruddah?
Impactturning3_zps2bf35cbe.jpg
[/URL]
Another Impact.......

Big Fat Choc Scorp ;)
2DTSMGRN_zps054de3d2.jpg
[/URL]

Douglah x TS Moruga

Black Scorpions Tongue Flower-this plant is a beaut- and out grew everything else.Nice work Melissa.

Choc. Bhuts- the "cleanest" tasting of the brown peppers.....
DJ Clear

Great to see you in the glogosphere, Gunner.
It's really nice to have just 2 pages of glog to
read by way of catching up   ;)

You have some hideous pods there, brother!

Hmmm -looks like 2 pictures didn't make it.
The first "night eyes" shot, the comment will now make sense to some......

Even in the darkest dark, there is light....when you've got the magic eyes....Impact in the dark, just for funs sake.

...and now for Matt's pic:

A newbie this year, lookin totally MARSOC worthy ;)....Douglah X Bhut Jolokia working on its war face.Thanks for the seeds Matt.

Fremp-those are iphone pics! You really got work it to things happen. I say the same thing all the time though .LOL; NICE AVATAR, got a bottle 1835 Bourbon Whiskey on call in my hotel room with exactly that pic and timeless challenge on the label.Good stuff too.

Shane-mom gets no props, these are all after 3 weeks  intensive resuscitation work up after Ghana. I give no ground here, none deserved! ;), does however , roll her eyes at em all the time!

Matt-The Bull is just what a few buddies call this one-last years pods looked like bull elephants head on ,and they are huge pods.Last years "The Shortest Growlog" had a few pics of em.
Glad you caught the missing photos-that Douglah Bhut oughta be a good one, in a very bad way!

Paul G-I resemble that remark! hehe- lucky to have some at all to post this year.....

Make sure you take a pic of the bottle img...on your iphone! LOL :rolleyes: (that was for mom!)
Dammit,now i'll be outside all night trying to perfect my iphone"eye"!

Because I'm playin catch up....

Gotcha covered Fremp, w/7 Pot Browns, Kaval, and a Douglah x Butch T ;)

Bhut Jolokia Red x TS Cardi Yellow

Hmm, looks like a good time to play hydrographic recon, so we did.....

In the wrong place at the right time.....now, a quest for fire.....

The suspicious look.........Fire?

Uh oh! Yes , fire....fire is good, especially with butter, and some handy 7 Pot Brown sauce!  The end;)!

That looks freaking delicious and the pods look freaking nasty. I like your work ... Nothing like fresh crayfish ... Yowww!!

Back