• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

God save the queen... unless it costs too much. English cheapskates GLOG.

Hello and welcome to my GLOG

Growlist:
  • Aji omnicolor
  • Bonda Ma Jacques
  • Datil
  • Bahamian Goat Pepper
  • Serrano Tampiqueno
  • Jalapeno Purple
  • Chile Da Arbol
  • Lemon Drop(yet to germinate getting kinda late)
  • Brazilian Starfish(ditto)
I actually started some seedlings in January but most died due to over watering, only 4 survived.

This one was put into a super makeshift hydro setup. Here it is on the 24th February.
Pm3sgrJ.jpg

By the 10th of march it began to pickup pace.
juIOcMe.jpg

Here it is today. Growing quick now but also with overall dwarfed leaves.
I16qzdo.jpg

The other three survivors were a triple plant which I separated on the 14th of this month. Two of them lost a lot of root mass so i decided to top and prune them to lower the transpiration(not 100% sure it was the right thing to do but they seem fine). Here they are.
TPO89vI.jpg
T84ZFoE.jpg
mFnrLTY.jpg

I'm not completly sure what variety these are(messed up labelling) only that they are one the following: Aji omni, Serrano, Jalapeno or Chile Da Arbol.

Here are some of the more recent plantings.
NwgrVnB.jpg

Serrano.
nEH75Sx.jpg

Bahamian Goat.
RTQeyMq.jpg

Chile Da Arbol
hdjQXPk.jpg

Aji Omnicolor
EsCj2eR.jpg

Datil
IeI4Nmy.jpg

Bonda Ma Jacques
WELsSdy.jpg

Your selection is awesome!  I am growing 5 of the same peppers you planted.  Good luck on this year's grow!  Keep us posted.

Overwatering is often a problem. I use to underwatering. I wait until leaves start to bend!
Anyway very nice list, I'll follow!

Paolo

grispa72 said:
Overwatering is often a problem. I use to underwatering. I wait until leaves start to bend!
Anyway very nice list, I'll follow!

Paolo
chiltepin said:
Your selection is awesome!  I am growing 5 of the same peppers you planted.  Good luck on this year's grow!  Keep us posted.
mpicante said:
Nice looking plants and grow list.Good luck on your grow.
pepperguy1 said:
Nice peppers. :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:
dragonsfire said:
Some nice looking bunches their !

Thanks guys much appreciated. I will try to make some crosses with these plants too.

benny360 said:
Looking good mate, what's your setup?

The large plants are now on the windowsill. Smaller plants go under a "135W" (It doesnt seem all that bright probably closer to 60W but it was advertised as 135W) CFL

Update time.

I'm in the process of potting most these on, once done they won't fit under my small lighting system so its all windowsill from here. I'll try to do the plants in the same order so they are comparable to the first post.

The super simple hydro setup got a super simple upgrade into a bigger pot. This plant is about split and flower though it doesn't come through on the picture.
BJKrCSH.jpg

Next up is the trio of plants that were separated. The ones which were topped and pruned are bushing out nicely and the one that wasn't has granted the first flower of the year.
DkuM6Ej.jpg
OcCONLU.jpg

M6a2x70.jpg

bHNX0d7.jpg

And the rest

Serrano. No one told this guy hes too young to branch.
VOGubCk.jpg

Bahamian Goat.
HVfdLZs.jpg

Chile De Arbol. Probably the fastest grower of the lot in terms of number of leaves.
vTEB4Sc.jpg

Aji Omnicolor.
E8ivBjW.jpg

Datil. Definitely the slowest grower(and the worst germinator) and super compact leaves, about 1.5cm between where the top leaf and the bottom join onto the plant.
2oiqTyG.jpg

And last but not least Bonda Ma Jacques. BMJs are keeping up with the annuums which is pretty impressive to me
f7wiKhd.jpg

New additions finally up. Lemon drop and Brazilian Starfish... Probably should have labelled them so i know which is which.
DZkjWZB.jpg

Overall i'm really happy with these plants especially compared to my many January failings. But I still get kinda jealous when I look through other peoples Glogs, I think i have pepper envy.(is that even a thing?)

Very nice plants!

Don't worry about the labeling, or past fails. Fork it ;)  I have ya beat in both categories..LOL

You're doing fine and way ahead of my paltry pepper grow this season.

Just keep doing what you're doing!

Back