• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Going Postal

The other day I had the wonderful (well not really) opportunity to try Tijuana Flats extract laden sauce Smack My Ass and Call Me Sally " Going Postal. I ordered a plate of chips and took the bottle with me. It is a rather small bottle with thick dark glass ( as many ultra hot extract sauces have). The smell was surprising, like chocolate syrup! That was very peculiar. Maybe the combination of extract and molasses give it this aroma. Unfortunately the sauce smells a lot better than it tastes, as I discovered when I put some on my chips.Now for the heat. It is a very throbbing, nauseating sensation and very intense. Really attacks the back of the throat and the lips. I swear when it was over my lips stung for 2.5 hours! Now I've eaten a bhut jolokia before. While the heat levels are similar with the bhut you get very intense pain, but afterwards a nice buzzing tingling sensation. Not with a sauce like this. When it's over you don't feel high, you feel queasy and it's not pleasant.

So while this sauce can be used as a condiment I would say it is better as cooking ingredient, given the amount of extract Going Postal has. By itself the burn is harsh and there is much more of a chemical flavor than even the Blair's extract sauces have. Be careful with this one if you plan on buying it.

Verdict : Heat 11, Flavor 2.5

Welcome to the world of extracts.....

There are good reasons why many of us won't touch extracts. Usually they are 1) Flavor, 2) Flavor, and 3) Flavor. Well, lack thereof.....

I havent had, but did eat at TJ today myself, They have a good on the curry mustard one, or the jason mom's hot sauces is really good.

Back