• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Golden Habaneros

Great choice. I LOVE Golden Habaneros. I grow a variety that's absolutely huge. Every year they seem to be getting bigger after planting the previous generations' seed.

They are not superstar producers by any means, but they don't have to be. :)

Chris

This must have been a 100% success rate from this little packet... 26 healthy seedlings!

Attachments

• seedlings8_3_08.jpg
    seedlings8_3_08.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 75
Excellent THP...I just gotta ask...did you research your grow method before you planted....type soil, nutes, etc. on here?...

Nope, just winging this one. Miracle Grow potting soil and water so far.

that's cool THP, ty

Started a high phosphate plant food for root development today. Got that info from the chillifarm.com booklet.

It's nice to see that THP got infected after all. FIrst try, 100% germination and 26 plants - and he thinks it's fun growing them. I can see him growing hundreds next season!!!

Good looking F2 Chris!

Perhaps my use of F2 isn't appropriate. I mean I have saved my own seed from the fruits each year (natural selection best ones). Each year, they get bigger!

I know many people use F1, F2, F3, etc. as an indicator of a grow-out of an intended cross. Perhaps G1, G2 (generation 2), etc. is more correct.

Either way, I don't often see Golden Habaneros so chunky! They're hot as all #### as well. They're a staple in my garden now. I just wish I could get them to be more productive in addition to the pod size remaining stable.

Chris

Yes one plant i wished id have grown,Lots of folks saying what a delightful taste they have and seeing yours makes wish id got the damn seeds out of the tin :)

Omri, you asked if my huge Golden Habanero is close to being stable? Well...I'll let you decide from this picture. lol. WTF, I shouldn't have fertilized using left over nuclear compost. :)

Chris

P1070003.jpg

Back