• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Golden Pure Evil

As a lot of you know Ann at Texas Creek recently started selling a form of Pure Evil that rates at 9.6 million scoville units. About a month and a half ago she sent me sort of a test batch.The scoville units  are a couple million lower. Besides from what I understand after 6 million, the perception of heat is negligible.

The bottle is very tiny and comes in a medicine container. I am not certain if my bottle was 1/4 oz or 1/8  oz. The color is pure gold and very beautiful. I waited until Friday, December 13 to sample which was the plan all along. So I got out a small white spoon which was maybe 1/8 of a teaspoon. I had intended on only doing 3 drops, but I had difficulty getting the drops out. I must have then squeezed too hard and then a large portion of the contents in the dropper was released, maybe 6-8 drops. O oh!!! My spoon was about 1/3 full but I decided "just do it." So I did. Here are the results:

First of all the aroma is much like vodka but oddly enough not the taste. There really is not much of a flavor to Pure Evil at all. The burn, however is super intense especially on the roof of the mouth, much more so than any pod I have ever eaten. It lasts a very long time too. Now after the burn is when things got interesting; Golden Pure Evil gave me the biggest endorphin rush I have ever experienced in my life. My entire head was tingling so much it was as if there was an enormous electric current going through it. Plus my hands were practically paralyzed for a short time, difficult to move and I was on the verge of a panic attack. It was the most bizarre sensation I ever felt. But that too went away. I must confess I had a lot of milk and ice cream throughout the whole thing, but I wanted to be safe. Fortunately unlike with Satans Blood I had no cramps afterward. But that high was something unforgettable. Next time I may try Pure Evil on some desserts. Oh, one more thing. when handling Golden Pure Evil, please wear gloves. I didn't and after an hour my hands felt like they were full of wasps and that was just from stains. The stinging continued until the next day.

So all 3 "heat additives" I have tried in my life gave a different sensation. Da Bomb The Final Answer gave extreme ear pain and weakness of the entire body, Satans Blood gave severe stomach cramps, and the Golden Pure Evil gave pretty much an out of body experience. Out of the 3, Pure Evil is definitely my favorite. Ann made a wonderful product here.

Verdict: Heat 12, flavor N/A, 10/10 overall product

Well now, this makes me feel much better about what I am about to undertake. (ten drops in a bowl of Ramen)

Wow, Palavos, that's a hefty dose!  Glad you're OK.  thanks for the comments.

For the record, palavos and I talked beforehand about the Pure Evil.  He intended to only do a drop and fully understands how Pure Evil is to be used. 

JayT said:
Oh ok, so I only do one drop then?  I didn't read the rules before!    :confused:
Oh, no no no. You made the claim to do the ten drop challenge in Ramen. You got this Jay.

Sheesh, blame it on the holidays!  JayT, you better hope it arrives soon or you'll be doing drops on Christmas Eve.  :eek:
10 drops of whatever the size dropper is! 

Palavos3 commented on the color of the Pure Evil 7.6 as being golden colored.  It seems different lots of capsaicin powder have slightly different colors.  Some seem to mix up a bit lighter, some a bit darker gold color.  Just one of those things since there is 5% impurities which do seem to influence the final color of the products.  Doesn't affect the heat level in any way.  The higher SHU level products have more capsaicin powder and will have more of the gold color than our original Pure Evil, which has the off-white color.   

Side note, we've sourced 100% pure capsaicin powder, it should be arriving very soon>>> :evil:

palavos3, have you used the Pure Evil in any foods yet?

It came yesterday.  The only thing more scary than that dropper is that evil powder that came with it!!!  WTH are you supposed to do with that???? :shocked:

I think I am going to give the Ramen a go on Friday night for everyone's entertainment.

the capsaicin powder is just a novelty item, not to be consumed.

Friday night.....we'll be waiting!   :rubshandsinevildelight:

JayT said:
It came yesterday.  The only thing more scary than that dropper is that evil powder that came with it!!!  WTH are you supposed to do with that???? :shocked:

I think I am going to give the Ramen a go on Friday night for everyone's entertainment.

How about a video this time.

Yep, video it is.  I am going to become a Youtube sensation like Ted the Idiot.  Don't bother liking or subscribing, because most likely this is a one and done, and I might be dead afterward.

You already are a video sensation:

JayT_hot_dog_man.jpg

No I have not tried Pure Evil since my taste test. After the Satans Blood and this test I need a little break. Next time though I will try it on cookies.By the way, the bottle you gave me was that 1/4oz or 1/8 oz? Just curious.

1/4 ounce, I think......( :think: )  check your PM in a minute-

So yeah Pure Evil.
A WONDERFUL addition to any proper chilihead's cabinet arsenal. The problem is, I'm pretty sure SalsaLady is a straight up pusher. That stuff is addicting.

I don't have the super hopped up version, but even though it's not, it's still the equivalent of mainlining cap. I'm almost out, so it's emergency use only now. I keep it with me just in case I get the shakes and need a quick hit.

A half dropper or so on a egg and sausage McMuffin in the AM keeps the veins warm all day in this cold. No taste, just a solid wonderful warming sensation.

Here's to SalsaLady!

Back