• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Good fert for seedlings..

Is there anything that I can use in the water for my seedlings? To me they look a little behind schedule.. they are under 12 CFLs, and 4 18" fluoros mixed 6500k and 2700ks. temps are max 86-88 lowest absolute 60. in door in a 2x2x2 box.

AJ has had tremendous luck with the botanicare line. He uses it from the time he sows the seeds, but I will let him comment on that.

Now on their website I notice that they say it is NOT ( superthrive ) food...

What would be a fertlizer to use? Or dont worry about that until I transplant them into the 5 gallon buckets.

I plan on using in the buckets .... Humus and something else. I have to see what I can get my hands on;

cheezydemon said:
I would dilute a vegetative growth fertilizer at first, and slowly strengthen it.

NO BLOOM FERTILIZER.

what is a decent readily available vegative growth fert? like a MG tomato fert?

MrOneEyedBoh said:
dosed how? what the package says? Where can that be bought.... I'll check the website for that info. Thanks
AH!!! TOO MANY QUESTIONS!!! I CAN'T HANDLE IT!!!!AHHHHHH!!!!!!

MrOneEyedBoh said:
Now on their website I notice that they say it is NOT ( superthrive ) food...
Ya, it's just vitamins and natural plant growth hormones....but still, plants seem to respond to it quite well.

lol too many heads in here with different opnions...

but the superthrive wont burn the plants right? and that might/would be the best to use during the seedling stage?

imaguitargod said:
Ya, it's just vitamins and natural plant growth hormones....but still, plants seem to respond to it quite well.

Last year, and even this year when plants didn't look great, I ground up some multivitamins (I think they were the A to Zinc brand), added a couple capsules of fish oil and diluted it in water. Perked the plants up nicely.

(Don't give them too much E though - it is supposed to make them horney!)

Mike

MrOneEyedBoh said:
but the superthrive wont burn the plants right? and that might/would be the best to use during the seedling stage?
Nah, won't burn them. Just use a tablespoon in a gallon of water every two weeks. Can do this their whole life and they won't mind.

imaguitargod said:
Nah, won't burn them. Just use a tablespoon in a gallon of water every two weeks. Can do this their whole life and they won't mind.

Iggy...that is way too strong...package says 1/4 tsp per

here is a link to superthrive...hit the pages at the bottom to navigate around the site...

http://www.superthrive.com/plantvitamins1/superthrive1.html

and...by the way...Walmart down here carries it....

I do not use any fertilizer till plants are at least couple inches tall,you don't want to burn young fragile seedlings.Onse they establish roots & thick trunk then you yse fertilizer.
Vladan

yeah mine are primary leaved and some are working on their 2nd set of leaves.. I just started them 1/1/09 ( started to germinate ) and I'm not sure if they are doing as well as they should be. Maybe I'm not watering enough...

Omri said:
Wanna burn ya plants? add Urea, that's some fun stuff.
It's ok everyone onec in a while, especially for trees. But not everynight.

AlabamaJack said:
Iggy...that is way too strong...package says 1/4 tsp per
Bah. It was just a guestamate. I just splash a bunch into a gallon jug and fill it up with water. Works great.

Mr One Eyed,

Maybe you are afflicted with that disease that is transmitted from reading posts in this forum - it's called "My plants don't look great" disease.

I keep telling myself (while mixing up another concoction of special nuits, checking the moisture level of the soil, moving plants around) that plants, if they get some light, heat and moisture will grow fine. Alas, I'm not having any luck.

Mike

haha yeah I see soo many people that are like hmm my plants have been sprouted for 3 weeks and they are huge. if you see my log you'll see the status of my plants.. not too crazy.

True dat, River and WW.

If you add no fertilizer, they will likely grow into decent plants. Add just a little too much fertilizer and they will be deader than dog shit.;)

Back