• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Good god thats fun!

Skyjerk said:
Actually my hands are heavily calloused from about 30 years of weight lifting. I have no problem
handling superhot pods without gloves, naga or caribbeans, to destem and cut in two for cooking.

I can juggle Naga's for an hour, pull the stems off, and cut them in half and
I dont feel anything at all from it. Not even a warm glow.

Now if I was gonna deseed I would wear gloves, but I never deseed. I use the whole pod with the exception of the stem. I only cut in half so they cook faster :)

My problem comes in when I forget that my hands are covered in capsaicin. I havent had an issue touching anything below the waist yet, but I almost always end up wiping perspiration from my forehead and ending up with the whole upper part of my head from the browbone up and ear to ear feeling like a severe sunburn. :hell:
Because my skin is so thick it seems to hold on to the capsaicin for a couple days cuz even after multiple hand washes with everything from butter to alcohol and heavy duty soap, the next day I can still make my face and eyes burn if I forget.

This forehead lesson just seems to be one I'm incapable of storing in my gray matter for some reason.

I'm going through this right now. I cut up one of my habs that I picked yesterday and sliced it up to eat while I'm on here. I at about three slices so far and began to sweat a little so I wiped under my left eye and now it is on fire.:onfire: God, I love habs though.

I have cut up many Habs without gloves, but since I saw chilemans (Marks) Naga pain I wear gloves, but mostly for Nagas and taking out seeds from other super hot chiles. I don't feel it in my hands(I'm in landscaping so I have some thicker skin like others) but that's not what gets me, it's under my finger nails! They burn all night and the next day! Yet again I don't care how thick your skin is, cut up and de-seed 100 Nagas and you might end up on a couch with your hands in a bowl of water all night!

Back