• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Good Jalapeno

I am looking for a jalapeno but I am not sure which one to get. I want one that is non-hybrid, hot, and has a traditional jalapeno shape. Bigger is better than smaller. Does anybody know of a good one?

I am looking for a jalapeno but I am not sure which one to get. I want one that is non-hybrid, hot, and has a traditional jalapeno shape. Bigger is better than smaller. Does anybody know of a good one?

Jalapeno Hercules i like, dont know if its a hybird or not but the 2nd gen seeds produce same pods good for me ;) I got seeds if you want to try out.
Next year i will try Jumbo Jalapeno, check midas grow thread for pictures of them.

//Oscar

i like biker billy jalapeno. a nice alternate to jalapeno is santa fe grande - works well in salsa.

+1 Buddy...and I get my seed from Lowes or Home Depot..

http://www.bikerbilly.com/burpee.tpl

I have heard good things about Biker Billy. It is a hybrid. I assume both parents were jalapenos. I plan on saving seeds. The next generation should still look and taste like a jalapeno right?

TBD on the results of growing the F1s...I think there are a few members growing them this year..

I am growing the standard BBs from store bought seed...they are so cheap it is not worth my while to save seeds from the plants IMO...

I searched all summer and never found Biker Billys.

I've got a jalmundo going. There's a discussion with some pictures over in the hot pepper talk section. I haven't tried any yet. There are several that I could take but I prefer to let them get red ripe. A couple are getting close. I'm looking forward to trying them.

I searched all summer and never found Biker Billys.

and you looked at Lowes and Home Depot? that's odd, they are in one of the burpee free standing seed thingys...which may be only a seasonal item at those stores...

you can order them from burpee at the link I provided

Yep, Lowes, Home Depot, WalMart, local gardening centers...any place that sold seeds, Burpee or other. I kept hoping I'd come across them somewhere but stumbled into the jalmundo cutting so went that way instead. I'm keeping my eyes open for the BBs. Sooner or later I'll find some.

Yep, Lowes, Home Depot, WalMart, local gardening centers...any place that sold seeds, Burpee or other. I kept hoping I'd come across them somewhere but stumbled into the jalmundo cutting so went that way instead. I'm keeping my eyes open for the BBs. Sooner or later I'll find some.

PM me right before you are ready to start seeds for next year and I will get you a pack or two and send them to you..

I like the "M". Good flavor, prolific, and it's hot enough for me.

IMG_2120.jpg

+1 on the Jalapeno M I got two variations from store bought seed. One is blunt tipped, very hot and has some nice corking. The other is pointy, much milder and has smooth skin. They are both mid sized. I have plenty if seed from both if you would like some.

+1 on the Jalapeno M I got two variations from store bought seed. One is blunt tipped, very hot and has some nice corking. The other is pointy, much milder and has smooth skin. They are both mid sized. I have plenty if seed from both if you would like some.

Yeah, I got the Jalapeno M also for next season. This first season I have Early Jalapeno and Numex Pinata, wich are beautifull pods. For next season I have Jalapeno M, Purple Jalapeno, Biker Billy Hybrid, Maxi Jalapeno and Jumbo Jalapeno. I still want the Numex Jalmundo and Chichimeca to add to the collection :lol:

I love Early Jalapenos, but their BLS susceptibility is an issue for me. They still manage to produce quite well despite looking like you know what. I recommend them if you don't have frequent heavy rain and wind like I do.

I have some jalamundo seed. PM me your address and I will send you some.

Yeah, I got the Jalapeno M also for next season. This first season I have Early Jalapeno and Numex Pinata, wich are beautifull pods. For next season I have Jalapeno M, Purple Jalapeno, Biker Billy Hybrid, Maxi Jalapeno and Jumbo Jalapeno. I still want the Numex Jalmundo and Chichimeca to add to the collection :lol:

Back