• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning everyone  :)

finally had some weather that i could work out in the garden in
got 50 garlic cloves planted yesterday  :dance:
Jane i'm sharing a box of your garlic with another member here, so now it will be growing in Kansas too  :party:
this is delicious STRONG garlic with huge cloves, I love it  :drooling:
y18djzs.jpg

thanks again for this fantastic garlic  :!:

hope everyone's having a great week
be kind, S.M.I.L.E. :D and have a wonderful day

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
Good morning everyone  :)

finally had some weather that i could work out in the garden in
got 50 garlic cloves planted yesterday  :dance:
Jane i'm sharing a box of your garlic with another member here, so now it will be growing in Kansas too  :party:
this is delicious STRONG garlic with huge cloves, I love it  :drooling:
y18djzs.jpg

thanks again for this fantastic garlic  :!:

hope everyone's having a great week
be kind, S.M.I.L.E. :D and have a wonderful day

Such beautiful garlic! GIP - gardening is all about sharing :P. I just hope he/she has a wonderful garlic harvest like you did.

I haven't planted any garlic yet this year because of the weather . . . maybe this weekend. We have used so much already in pickling and dehydrating. Hopefully I have enough to plant!!!

good morning everyone  :)

catherinew said:
Such beautiful garlic! GIP - gardening is all about sharing :P. I just hope he/she has a wonderful garlic harvest like you did.

I haven't planted any garlic yet this year because of the weather . . . maybe this weekend. We have used so much already in pickling and dehydrating. Hopefully I have enough to plant!!!
we had soggy wet cold weather and more predicted for so long i was wondering if i was going to get a chance to get out there and plant garlic myself before the ground gets too cold up here... 

When i was breaking up the remaining heads for planting i asked the wife where's the elephant garlic  :!:  :?:
apparently we ate it all  :lol:  oops.  Guess only the red garlic and shallots this year in that bed 

it's 46f/8c right now, and supposed to get up to 63/17 
arrrgh if i hadn't stripped my plants of all their pods and cut them way back i could still have ripening pods on plants right now like i did last year  :neutral:
oh well, i got plenty of pods this year, and have a full freezer of vac sealed peppers and fruit from this season. plenty for my saucing experiments all winter  :party:

Was great to see a couple of you from here in the morning thread participate in the pumpkin Throwdown
:clap:  Excellent pumpkin dish entries from Wiri Wiri, and Dragonsfire, as well as the other entries.

Nothing on the plans here for the rest of the day except playing with the fur babies  :D
pet runs already done, only one driver on for the rest of the day for a couple guests going home this afternoon.

got a pork shoulder in the crockpot for carnitas tacos tonight  :dance:

hope you all have a wonderful day 
S.M.I.L.E. :D  and be excellent to each other 

Hope your friend is ok Catherine. Yesterday was very hard 100 miles in insane wind and high temp of 93. Amanda should hopefully destroy the women's race on Sunday. We are having a small get together after the race so plenty of chores to do after a dentist appointment this morning. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning everyone. Thanks for the thought for m friend, Sic. She had an amputation and many other issues that have all been resolved. I just hate wasting the day in the hospital. Today I have garlic to plant and more garden clean up. Garlic first when it warms up!

Hope your day is an enjoyable one. Enjoy the sunshine and share the fun with friends. Fun, not hospital stuff!

Back