• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Morning all - Hump Day is here!
Out early to do some hacking and weeding before it gets too hot.
Still having problems with one of the tomato plants, no bugs on it, no sign of powdery mildew - nada, but it's got the curly leaf syndrome. I moved it to a shadier spot away from full afternoon sun, will wait and see how it does.
Got an attack of the flea beetle on the brassicas and radishes - good old Neem oil seems to be doing the trick.
Anyway that's my first world problems for today :lol:
Have a good Wednesday, keep calm, cool, pain-free and smile just a bit :D

Should have known better than to say "Thats all" yesterday. PTO knob came out of the 52 inch mower which I need to get into some back yards as the 72 is to big and its just better on small yards as you really dont save time with a bigger mower just waste gas. So took to shop and re routed the schedule, was able to pick up mower a couple hours later. Decided to leave 5 lawns for today, which from experience I know better. Its pouring at the moment and is supposed to rain most of the morning. So ill be dodging rain and trying to mow when it dries up a little, also have several errands to run. One lawn really doesnt matter how it looks, both people are dead and property is just waiting for daughter to sell. The other 4 are in a decent hood and need to look great. Was hoping to pressure wash the mowers this afternoon, we shall see how that plays out.

Chuck the Grand Mesa looks dope, you should definitely go. Hope that knee feels better. Harry hopefully your feeling even better this morning. Downriver get that back straight. Anyone else falling apart,lol? Yall be good and have a great day. Good morning.

Last edited:
Good morning. With summer upon us, I forget which day is which as meetings have gone silent for a couple of months. Coffee group, then garden. Our 30-year-old sprinkler system should probably be torn out and replaced, but we’re band-aiding it for now. We had lots of knicks, etc., thanks to me. 😀 still more emitters to add.
It looks like a beautiful day with hopeful showers tonight.
Have a wonderful day. Prayers for Harry, Downriver, Chuck with their need for healing. Hugs to Ratat.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 65F, on its way to 71F. Forecast says showers on and off today. Looking at the radar, I tend to agree. With that in mind, not sure what's on the agenda for today. Found out our A/C quit yesterday. Need to call for service. Thankfully, the temperatures are on the cool side for the next few days. Thanks for the well-wishes. Wish my back would listen, ha. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe and have some fun out there.

Good morning and Happy Summer Solstice. It's 75F on its way to 93F. No rain. Sciatica is doing better and I can walk now but slowly. Roasted radishes last night ..... delicious. Today is my "wife's anniversary" :shocked: .... therefore, we will be going out to dinner. Did the hand watering this morning. Running errands in a bit, wife's dinner tonight, fishing tomorrow (hopefully) and garden watering on Friday. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Morning chickens - Thursday is here with its whiff of weekend.
It's much cooler today and it's raining, always a bonus, so I'm baking cakes for the charity shop. Shopping later, then if the rain stops fannying around in the garden.
And that's all for today.

Sorry to hear about your aches and pains @Harry_Dangler and @Downriver - remember drugs and alcohol works best.

Have a good Thursday, keep calm, cool, dry, pain-free and smile :D

Good morning. It's 64F (18C) on its way to 91F (33C). Hot and dry. The sciatica is on the mend for now. Heading out to go fishing in a bit. A buddy and I will be bass fishing at a local lake (about an hour drive). I plan to fish most of the day. Grilling and might try some drugs/alcohol this evening (per Tink's recommendation). Be safe and be good.

Where ya go to dinner Harry? Yesterday was a wash, rained all day. Ended up at the bike shop for a bit. Have to go mow 5 yards this morning. Not much else going on. Crazy about the titanic sub. Brother went to start his chemo treatment yesterday but they sent hin home due to his blood sugar being 500. Going back friday to see if he can start. Have a great day and good morning.

Last edited:
Good morning. We got hailed on last night. It came in waves - small hail, larger hail, then heavy rain so loud I couldn’t sleep. I need to check out whatever is still growing and bring a few pots under cover as WX says we will have a repeat this afternoon. The outdoor concert goers got hammered by hail with no real cover except for their cars.
At least I don’t have to water the CG this AM.
Dentist this AM, then the day is free for cleanup.
Have a great day. Glad to hear Harry is slowly on the mend.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 57F, on its way to 63F. Showers and a heavy thunderstorm this afternoon, with a flash flood watch. Awful cold for late June. Gonna have to dig out the long pants I guess. Taking BIL to a Dr's appointment, then some other errands. Great day to be running around - not. Plan on following Dr. Tink's advice later. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. Today will be cleanup day from yesterday’s hail storm, one of the worst I’ve experienced here. Not sure if anything survived except the few superhots I quickly moved onto the patio. I’m not sure if I’ll re-seed anything.
Good news is that daughter bought a new car, that I hope she keeps for decades (!). We stayed at the dealership until the storm passed - no dings in this car.
The birds are singing, so the day begins anew. Have a great day and be thankful for little things.

Attachments

• IMG_5645.jpeg
    IMG_5645.jpeg
    290.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 70916071272__4A8A6BEF-281C-4F1F-8D31-8CABA69D7DBC.jpeg
    70916071272__4A8A6BEF-281C-4F1F-8D31-8CABA69D7DBC.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 55
Good morning. It's drizzling and 64F, on its way to 75F. .35" of rain yesterday. Calling for more of the same today. Internet went out last night. Need to call them this morning. Also need to call the A/C people again. It's starting to warm up out there. Have a few more errands to run today. Then home and chill. Hope the damage isn't too bad Catherine. Hope everybody has a fun Friday. Be safe out there.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 69F on its way to 93F. No rain. Hoping for some rain tomorrow. Sic .... took my wife out to a local bar/grill for her anniversary dinner. Yesterday's fishing was incredible. Couldn't keep the walleyes off my line. Biggest was 23". Got some fillets in the freezer now. Catherine .... yesterday, my sister sent me a picture of the hail they got in Colorado Springs .... Yikes!!!! That looks horrible. I'm finally on the mend .... at 90% now. Harvested cabbage and Swiss chard this morning. Not much else is going on today. Be safe and be good.
walleye_6_22_23.jpeg

Late response. I’m doing well. Just resting in bed elevating the knee.

Thanks you all!

Nice walleye. They are good eating for freshwater fish. Panfish of size are good as well. I caught a 4.3lb Bluegill in California. Fishing at night for catfish. It hit the mackerel cut bait like a freight train. I swear it was a pissed off little bass. Baffles me it hit the cut bait. Not suppose to fish at night in California. But that’s when the fish bite and it’s quiet.
I miss fishing.

Morning all - the weekend is here at long last - although I'm working today.
Another hot one forecast for today.
MotoGP qualifying soon as I get home with a g&t - yeah!

Glad to hear you're OK OCD - I would've volunteered to be your responsible adult - but I'm neither responsible nor do I do adulting :lol:

Have a good one chilli people - keep cool, calm, collected and behave yourselves and smile :D

Back