• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. The noisy wind has me awake early this AM. The WX man promised the tail end of the storm would be leaving today and hot, dry summer temps would return soon. The plants will be happy.
It’s Friday with coffee group, then CG work. I haven’t been there all week, I may have lots of radishes. Very jealous of Harry’s harvests so early, with lots of hard work canning and freezing it all. Good for you.
Have a great Friday. Take time for yourself, and take a nap in the garden under some cool shade.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 72F, on its way to 85F. Sun and clouds today. Still need to make progress on all the little maintenance things around the property. I'll just keep pecking away at them. Hope everybody has a freaky good Friday. Be safe out there and use sunscreen.

Morning all - the weekend is here at last bringing with it temps of +30C - oh joy!
Been out watering and doing gardening stuff before it gets too hot.
A quick bike ride then I shall be cowering indoors in the cool.
Have a good Saturday and keep cool, calm, pain-free and smile :D

Good morning. Waiting for the sun to show, the plants are also waiting. I dug up the garlic ‘sticks’ growing at home as a few were beginning to split. Sad harvest as the ground is still wet. Now to clean up that little area and plant bush beans.
Temps are supposed to return to ‘normal’ next week, WX says 95F temps are on their way. Oh joy.
We’re looking at a few days vacation closer to Chuck’s neck of the woods. We’re hoping to find some good farmer’s markets, as ours have been a bit scarce lately. I need peaches!
Have a great weekend. Enjoy nature and stay healthy.

Good morning. It's sunny, humid and 72F, on its way to 88F. Did some trim mowing and weed whacking yesterday. Soaked to the bone with sweat. This humidity is BAD. Have some errands to run today, then maybe some more yard work. Oh boy! Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe out there and try to stay cool.:cool:

Good morning. It's cloudy and cool. Currently 71F with only a high of 80F forecasted. Chance of rain all day. Back from my float trip in southern Missouri. It was a great float with good friends and the smallmouth bass fishing was very good! It was a long day ..... 3 hours to the creek, float and then 3 hours home. Unloading from my trip this morning and then making my way to the garden to harvest blackberries and tomatoes. I got out a tri-tip to grill this evening. Be safe, be good and have a great Saturday.

Good morning.

Nothing much going on today. It’s Smokey. Another fire sparked up. It’s super dry. All the rain caused good growth and now the grasses are dead.

Catherinew, I’ll check around in Grand Junction and see what’s out there. I haven’t seen the peach stands around yet. I have to go down there this next week. I’ll let you know what I find.

Have a good day.
IMG_5326.jpeg

Morning all - hope you're having a peaceful Sunday. Thunderstorms and rain first thing, which cooled and dampened everything down.
Been pinching out tomatoes and tidying up the cucumbers, which have gone nuts, I can't give them away fast enough.
BBQ and beer planned for later, depending on the weather.

@OCD Chilehead that's scary.

Have a good Sunday - keep calm, cool, pain-free and smile :D

Good morning. It's overcast and 72F, on its way to 81F. Calling for 95% chance of showers and thunderstorms today. That's ok, we need the rain and I could use a chill day. Maybe watch the final round of the Women's U.S. Open. Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday. Be safe out there and stay cool.

Good morning. We took a road trip yesterday, as daughter wanted to check out her new car capabilities. It was an adventure, for lack of a better word. She drove into the mountains, we visited Elevenmile reservoir and surrounding areas, then we all decided to come home using the back roads. That was definitely an adventure, driving through scarred areas from the 2002 Hayman fire. The recent rains didn’t help either. Many of the roads said, ‘OHV’ areas. That was an education.
Time to relax today and recover (!).
Have a wonderful day. Enjoy Mother Nature’s beauty and share it with others.

Good morning. It's 70F on its way to 84F. Still below normal on the temperature. No complaints here. Catherine: that Elevenmile Reservoir and South Park area is awesome. Great fly fishing out there too. When I go to visit my sister in COS .... we take a day and I fish the S. Platte River.
Mowing and trimming today. That should take up most of the day. My wife will be working in the garden. Leftover tri-tip tacos this evening and some locally brewed beverages. Be safe and be good. Have a great Sunday.

Morning all - Monday is here, how did that happen?
Temps of +30C forecast for this afternoon so I've worked this a.m. instead, all dogs sorted.
The rest of the day is my own.
Snooze or shop? Shop or snooze? Decisions, decisions :lol:
Have a good Monday, keep calm, cool, pain-free and smile :D

Good morning. We’re starting the 90+F temps - snooze or shop? I vote snooze and relax.
I’m meeting up with a new gardener to discuss fertilizing his space. His ‘mentor’ (not my choice) says to fertilize at planting and water the rest of the time. We’ll talk about other options.
Monday has returned w/coffee group and Monday errands. Then time for gardening. The hail damaged flowers are very slowly recovering, but I’m ready for their return next year. Hard to explain to the neighbor why I’m pulling so many volunteers that are sticks - and probably won’t bloom.
Have a great day ahead. Stay hydrated and enjoy what you have in your garden.

Good morning. We're back to the 90+F temps too. Our harvests have begun. Harvested potatoes, onions, a bunch more jalapenos, cubanelles and tekne pods and around a dozen large tomatoes. BLT season is officially open! Had the first ones last night with a cherry tomato salad. The blackberries and cherry tomatoes keep coming too. We are quickly becoming inundated and will need to start putting up. Mowed and trimmed yesterday. Starting to prepare for my annual Canadian fishing trip (less than 3 weeks away). That's about all that's going on. Looks like the left-over tri-tip is for tonight. Got out a prime rib to fix sometime this week. That's about it. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Back