• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good belated morning. I got side-tracked by some office work. It's currently 30F on its way to 41F. We had our first freeze this morning and what was left of the garden has succumbed. So .... office work this AM and then I've got a kid coming over who wants to earn a few bucks by splitting firewood. We'll see how long that lasts. Pizza tonight and beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

3 lawns and a small landscaping job. Maybe some guitar this afternoon, chilling this evening. Need to figure out what and im riding tomorrow and get that bike ready. 86 high for today but cold front coming in with a high of 71 tomorrow. Yall be good and have a great day. Good morning.

Good morning. It's 29F on its way to 40F. Another cold and blustery day. Office work this morning then fly tying this afternoon. My wood splitting kid worked out pretty well and he'll be back today. Good way for a kid who wants to work to earn a few bucks. I don't see much of that these days. That's all that's going on. Grilling pork chops and my wife is making mac-n-cheese for this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Happy Halloween! We’ve had our sprint of winter, so it’s time to send it eastward. 23-43F today, warming trend. The newest gardener-to-be wants to plant garlic this weekend. We shall see. Maybe this past storm will teach her to listen when given advice.
Only one meeting and then a few errands on this spooky day.
Have a wonderful day. Keep a blanket stashed in your vehicle along with water.

Good morning. It's sunny and 45F, on its way to 52F. Pretty day, just not warm enough! Guess I better get use to it lol. Picked a bunch of green jalapeños yesterday. Might try to make cowboy candy today. I think I'll give the recipe @skullbiker shared earlier (which might have been last year or the year before lol). Leaves are falling off the trees wholesale now. Every year I say I'm gonna rake them up and put them in the compost, but I never seem to get to it before it snows, ha. Anyway, I hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday and a happy Halloween. Be safe out there and watch out for the kiddies running around.

slpVMlOm.jpg

It was too hot, too long and I couldn't see where I was going - apart from that it was fun

Anyway Wednesday - it's La Toussaint (All Saints Day) so day off today to honour the dead and then there's Storm Ciaran passing through - winds up to 85 kph and rain, of course there's rain involved.
I was hoping to get out into the garden but without a wet suit that idea is off the table.
Plan B is book, youtube, housework *urrgggh* and a snooze with the cat.
Have a good Hump Day - keep calm, cool, dry, typhoon-free and smile :D

Good morning. It's 14F (-10C) on its way to 49F (9C). A bit chipper this morning. Significant warming trend starting today with the winds returning from the south. Not much going on here. My wood splitting helper got the wood pile split ..... all that's left is stacking and cleanup. I need to make a run to beverage store today and maybe a quick stop at the WM (ugh!). Probably do a little office work too. That's about it. My wife is making a pot of chili for later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Beautiful orange sunrise and a bit warmer, with low temps above freezing. The blanket of snow is slowly melting. We saw lots of ‘older’ kids out last night, braving the cold for a few handfuls of candy. At least it wasn’t snowing like years before.
November already. Time to think about the next 2 holidays. Coffee group today, making soup and a casserole.
Have a wonderful day. Stay safe, Tink. Those winds can be horrendous. Keep that blanket handy.

Good morning. It's sunny and 33F, on its way to 45F. A tad chilly out there this morning. No worries, tonight's low is forecast to be 23F 🥶. If the garden isn't toast from last night, it will be tonight. That's ok, I'm ready for a break from it for a while. Dr's appointment today, then over to celebrate brother's B'Day. EXCELLENT costume Tinker! Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and keep the frost off your pumpkin!

Huzzah the typhoon didn't travel inland, far as I can see the roof is still in one piece and no damage to the garden - result!
Still have high winds and heavy rain forecast all day today - I am NOT doing any more housework.
Errands and stuff for later, after I've had coffee then make a work-plan for tomorrow and that's it for me.
Have a good Thursday - keep dry, warm, wind-free and smile :D

Good morning. The sun hasn't crested the ridge yet, and it's 19F🥶 on its way to 50F. That's cold! The sun is supposed to shine, and gradually warm up into the weekend. Pretty safe to say the garden is toast. Now it's time to clean it up. Ain't happening until it gets warmer lol. Still have a few trays of peppers we picked the other day to process, then we're done. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and keep warm.

Good morning and Happy Dia de Los Muertos. It's 36F on its way to 60F. Should be a great day. My helper split and stacked right at a cord of wood. Good kid (I think he's in his early 30s) .... just needs a little help with sound decision making. Anyway, not much is going on today. Might make it out to the garden to pull out anything that succumbed to the freeze. Beverages later on .... Mexican meal tonight. Be safe and be good.

Back