• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Still too early for the sun to crest the ridge yet, but it's 18F🥶 on its way to 62F. The sun is supposed to be "brilliant" today and be a great day to be outdoors. We'll see about that. Loaded the dehydrator again yesterday. Cleaning peppers is a pain. Going to process a sauce today. Maybe grind some dried peppers outside. Hope everybody has a fantastic Friday. Be safe out there and have a great day!

Good morning. Looks like a warmer weekend, going to check out the CG to see if it’s tillable so newbie can plant some of my garlic. Maybe we can till tomorrow. Coffee group, an errand or two, then check out the home garden to pull dead annual flowers.
Have a great Friday. Glad to hear Tink’s weather was better than anticipated. Stay warm.

Good morning and TGIF. It's 42F (6C) on its way to 70F (21C). Should be a nice fall day. Running to the Post Office (I got some 7' one-piece fishing rods delivered yesterday .... somehow the USPS snapped them in half .... including the heavy cardboard tube they shipped in :banghead: ). Need to figure out what happened there. Also running to the eye doctors to pick up contacts and glasses .... then on to the grocery store and beer store. Not much else is going on today. I'm hopeful my helper kid shows back up this weekend to help me with the last of plant removal from the garden. Got out some ribeyes to grill this evening. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good. S.M.I.L.E.

Bike ride this morning then have to stop by the bike shop. While cleaning Sonyas bike yesterday it appears I found a crack in the down tube, no good. Should be under warranty as the frame has a limited life time. If you run over your bike or something of that nature, which I have seen people do the warranty is no good. But under normal use should be good. Frame is carbon so we are lucky it didnt just explode while she was riding. Could have caused a injury. Importance of taking care and checking things. Ive got buddies that would have never noticed until the down tube snapped in half while they were riding. Guitar this afternoon then a movie tonight. Have a great day and good morning.
20231103_135238.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning. The sun's still asleep and it's 35F, on its way to 65F. Should be sunny later on, making it a pretty day. Need to run a few errands, then probably go down to the garden and start ripping stuff out and moving it to the compost pile. Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe out there and enjoy the day.

Good morning. It's 48F on its way to 63F. Cloudy with maybe some rain this afternoon. Watching Premier League then college football. My wife is heading out to the cemetery and then lunch with her sisters. Nothing much else is planned. Grilling sausages this afternoon. Beverages later on. Finishing the garden tear out tomorrow. Be safe and be good.

Morning all - survived another storm and this morning it's calm and sunny although I suspect it will rain the rest of today.
Lost a few tiles off the roof, worst hit was my greenhouse 😭Mr Tinks assures me he has spare parts and can fix it good as new.
Hopefully that's the last of the storms for a while, it was really scary last night, very heavy rain, thunderstorms and the wind roaring through the garden, luckily we had plenty of alcohol to keep us calm :D
Anyways, here's to a peaceful Sunday - keep warm, dry, calm and smile :D

Sounds like you would be perfect for our hurricane parties here in Florida Tinkerbelle. Bike frame is cracked, several pictures were took and submitted to Giant. We will see what happens. Hike with the wife out at Croom today then just chilling and resting up for work tomorrow. Probably play some guitar and watch a movie. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 31F, heading for 67F. Calling for partly sunny and nice. I didn't listen to Catherine yesterday, so as I sit here sipping my coffee, I now find myself with an extra hour this morning, ha! Did a few maintenance things around the house yesterday. Never did make it to the garden. I'll save that for tomorrow. Might do a few more things around here, then watch some NFL this afternoon. Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday. Be safe out there and have a great day.

Good morning. It's 39F heading for 71F. Fixing a big country breakfast this AM. Watching football. Heading up to the city for the playoff soccer match later this afternoon. I guess the garden will have to wait until tomorrow. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 35F, on its way to 64F. Calling for another pretty day. Might try to head down to the garden today. I'm in no hurry, I can already imagine what it looks like. Need to rake leaves, but they're still falling. That's a job I only want to do once this year. Still thinking about cutting the grass one more time. I guess I'll just sit here and ponder some more about the activities of the day, ha. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and enjoy the day.

Last edited:
Tsk late again - soz. Another wet, windy, thundery day.
I did got out in the garden to do some tidying up in between rain showers this a.m., work cancelled this afternoon :(

Are you OK Wimpy?

Have a good Monday - keep dry, warm, calm and smile :D

Good morning. We have a few days of nice weather to finish cleaning up the home garden. No excuses today. Coffee group, errands, then comes the cleanup. Yesterday we collected bags of leaves from a friend, helped the new gardener plant garlic, and plan for 2024 garden. She commented, “This is a whole new world with its own language!” She will be great in the garden.
Have a wonderful day. Enjoy your part of Mother Nature’s beauty.

Good morning. It's 60F on its way to 74F. A bit of office work and then I'm heading out to mow my leaves. Maybe some garden tear out after that. Not much else is going on today. Got out a pork loin to grill this evening. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Back