• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. The CG took a lot of my energy yesterday, but it is just about ready to plant. I was hoping to hoe a few marker rows - maybe Monday. WX still has low temps at 40 this week.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, stay hydrated. Those hot temps will creep in sooner than expected.

Good morning. It's overcast and 60F, on its way to 76F. Calling for cloudy and a thundershower. Need to run a few errands today. Then, maybe catch the final round of the golf tourney. Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.

Good morning. It's 70F on its way to 90F. Cloudy and very warm. Severe storms tonight. This morning, watching PL Decision Sunday (last match of the season). After that, it will be futzing. Maybe some landscape work. Maybe not. Maybe some golf watching. Got out some nice cod fillets for this evening. Harvested a bunch of leaf lettuce. Not sure if I'm cooking this evening or my wife is. If I'm cooking, I'm going to fix some wilted lettuce. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Early after noon, 68-75 pc damp. Killed the Sheep last night after pool and garden day in the rain. Hot coffee and Skittles for brunch, some arm chair yoga, medicate and back too it. Transplants are going good, more buckets to amend and get ready to plant corn. Red Savinas and F-2 Scotch's are taking well. So on with it, Enjoy

Last edited:
Good morning. It's foggy and 56F, on its way to 81F. Should be a warm, sunny day. Hauled the chipper down to the garden yesterday. Probably cut down/up some branches and small trees today, and put it to work. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and don't forget to mulch, ha.

Good morning. Another beautiful day before the cold night temps return. Monday chores, coffee group, then to the CG for row marking, etc. it’s still too cold for nightshades. The iris are beautiful, with some late ones just beginning to bud. I see lots of work ahead to divide them.
Have a wonderful day. Take time for yourself and pets. S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning. It's 68F on its way to 85F. Very humid and breezy with showers and T-Storms in the forecast. A line of severe T-storms blew through last night. There's significant tree and power line damage in the KC Metro area from very high winds. I have not gone outside to see if everything is OK here. With all this rain ..... I need to mow again :banghead:. I'd like to get out by mid-afternoon (WX permitting). I noticed yesterday that the blackberries are in blossom. My wife tells me she's fixing some kind of bacon ranch chicken pasta tonight. A bit of office work this AM. Futzing when able. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 72F on its way to 87F. Clouds, sun, and wind. Severe T-Storms this afternoon. Yesterday, it rained on/off for most of the day and I didn't get to mow. I've got to do it today but I need a 4 hour window with no rain. I'm down to only a couple of landscape beds that have yet to be cleaned up. I need to do that this week. I think a solid 3-4 hours of work remains. I've been told to get the kiddos pool ready for the weekend. Match tonight up in KC. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 42-58F, waiting for today’s rain, nothing like the Midwest. That weather is truly scary. Yesterday I got most of the CG ready to plant, but a quick rain stopped that. Moved the plants close to the house waiting for the cold. I can wait to plant.
I hope Harry is faring well with this weather. Relatives in TX lost power for 4 days - scary.
Enjoy your day as best you can. Stay strong.

Good morning. Sunny and 58F, on its way to 84F. Should be a warm, pretty day. Yesterday, moved the tomatoes out into some direct sun for several hours, then dappled shade. Moved peppers from 3-season room to carport shade. Plan on putting some tomatoes in the ground either today or tomorrow. Uncovered rows in the garden to dry out yesterday morning. Well on their way to drying by day's end, so that shouldn't be a problem. Didn't do any chipping yesterday. Maybe later today...dunno. Need to clean out fence line around the garden today, and get electric fence fired up. Ran into an old "friend" yesterday, INSIDE the fence.

1716299975304.jpeg

😖

Good morning. It's sunny and 62F, on its way to 86F (RF 94F). Calling for warm and humid. I say that's real close to Summer HOT, lol. Got a row of tomatoes in the ground yesterday, yay. More planned for today. The Mrs did a little Rabbit Rodeo, and got Buggs to exit through the gate. I forgot I had stolen a threshold board from the bottom of the gate, which left a nice gap for Buggs to enter. My bad. Fixed now. Catherine, we do have rabbit fencing installed all the way around the garden, inside the electric fence. 230+ ft. Did it several years ago, and I agree, it works great. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and stay hydrated.

Last edited:
Good morning. A bit chilly 36-70F today. Still too cold for plants to be in the ground. We got a nice rain yesterday afternoon, no hail yet. The Eastern Plains got hammered with it though. Sad to hear about the Midwest tornadoes.
Coffee group, adding a friend who returned from FL after being gone for over 4 years. The humidity was difficult for him.
Enjoy your day, take extra time for yourself and your pets. Downriver, glad to hear about fencing your big garden. Works well for sure.

Good morning. It's 60F on its way to 78F. Much cooler with showers and periods of sun/clouds. We survived the latest round of severe storms (including high winds and hail). Got the mowing done between yesterday's morning and evening storms. Late night getting back from the match. I'm a little slow moving this morning. I've got a few straggler plants to get outside and start hardening off. Other than that, probably just do some futzing but the landscape cleanup is still calling me. Burgers this evening. Beverages too. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's 51F on its way to 84F. Mostly cloudy. Landscape cleanup is on the agenda for this morning. Maybe some errands this afternoon. Got the last of my "straggler" plants out of the seedling room and outside to harden. There's only around a dozen that were just too small to plant out a couple of weeks ago. I'd like to get them in the ground later on in the weekend. Maybe some fishing tackle futzing later on. Brinner this evening. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Back