• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Hopefully this frigid weather won’t last too long, 27F at our house last night. We had to scramble and remove hoses, just in case. Wonky weather for sure, which is why we’re 3-4 weeks later for planting than you guys. ‘They’ say plant after Mother’s Day - ha. We usually have snow after that date.
Stay warm(er) and keep wishing for those 70F temps to stay longer than a day.

Good morning. It's sunny and 56F, on its way to 67F. Calling for sun this AM, clouds this afternoon. Well, it looks like some of that Colorado cold is sliding in here. Lows in the mid-thirties forecasted for the whole week. Guess that's why we don't plant out in April, lol. Had to run to Lowes yesterday because I ran outta charcoal. Can't have that! Plan on working on the shed some today. Also need to mix up some more potting mix. Still need to up-pot some tomatoes. Picking up sticks KILLS my back, Sic. If I was getting paid good money, maybe it wouldn't hurt so bad, but I have to do it for free, lol. Just the same, watch your back. Bend the knees buddy! Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe out there and don't put away the long pants just yet!

Good morning. It's 44F on its way to 57F. Well .... we had 2 weeks of Spring, 1 month of Summer and now Winter is back! Catherine's cold WX has made it here so it's only a matter of time before it reaches you ... DR. Need to bring in all the house plants this evening. Our tomatoes have out-grown the seedling room and need to be planted out in the next 2 weeks. My annuums are getting quite large too. Watching the matches this morning. Heading to the match against STL this evening. Still eating on leftovers. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning. 27-40F with 3” snow. Nope, you definitely don’t want this weather. It’s a good day to make 2 big pots of dump soup for the freezer and a few meals. Even the cat is bummed about staying inside for a few more days.
Enjoy your weekend, keep your jackets handy, and an extra blanket on the bed.

We made it out of the woods in one piece yesterday. I watched my wifes back all day, looked good. Walk this morning then some chores. Need to clean the well screen and do some equipment maintenance. Guitar and brew later on. No cold this way, its getting hot. Going to be a hot summer i guess. Have a great day and good morning.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's cloudy and 43F, on its way to 53F. Showers this AM, partly sunny this afternoon. The chill has returned. Didn't work on the shed yesterday - it was waaay too windy. Today, it may be too cold, lol. Not sure what's planned for today. Hopefully it's just a chill day. Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday. Be safe out there and bundle up (except Sic maybe :lol:).

Good morning. 31-58F, hoping for some sunshine. I finished making the soup and now the house smells like onions! Too cold to air out for a long time, but it’s worth a try. Looks like another inside day, at least the snow should melt soon. Ah, Spring and its erratic weather.
Enjoy your day. Stay warm or cool, like Sic. Stay healthy.

Good morning. It's 45F on its way to 61F. Bright, sunny and crisp. 4/20 was a good day but got home late from the match and I'm a little slow getting going this morning. Need to water all the tomato and pepper starts this morning. I also need to repot a few annuums while I watch this morning's matches. This afternoon, I'm planning on futzing. Shepherd's Pie this evening. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Morning chickens, Monday again, how did that happen?
The north wind doth blow and it's bloody freezing again, although we do have sunshine which makes it all feel better until you put your head out the door :lol:
Work this afternoon, got rather a lot of dogs that have been abandoned at the moment *sigh*
Have a good Monday, keep warm, calm, dry and smile :D

Good morning. It's sunny and 39F, on its way to 61F. Calling for a cool, sunny day. Dipped below freezing early this morning. Glad nothing is planted out yet. Need to run a few errands today, including buying diesel for the kubota. Definitely don't wanna run out of fuel. After that, I hope to work on the shed a little bit. Might get it done by Xmas, lol. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and have a great day.

EDIT: Happy Birthday Sic! I hope you have a most excellent day!

Last edited:
Good morning and Happy Birthday, Sic 🎉🎂🎈

It looks like a Spring day with the snow gone and mud in the garden. Monday errands, coffee group, and I’m hoping to fill the cups for tomato transplant. The dirt’s outside so it’ll have to warm a bit - then I can get stuff done.
Get that shed done, Downriver. 😀
Have a great day. Give your pets an extra hug. Stay safe and healthy.

Good morning. It's 45F on its way to 72F. Partly sunny and very windy. Happy Birthday to Sic!!!!! I've got some office work to do this morning and this afternoon, I also need to run out and get fuel for the mower. After that, I'm futzing. My wife wants me fire up one of the smokers sometime this week. I'm thinking Wednesday. For tonight I'm grilling burgers. We're having burgers, morel mushrooms and poppers. Yum. Probably have a few beverages too. Be safe and be good.

Morning all - another cold, breezy day - brrrrrr - working all day today, so at least I'll be running around
When is this blooming winter going to end? I got peppers and tomatoes to grow
Have a good Tuesday, keep warm, dry and smile :D It's never as bad as you think (oh yes it is :lol:)

I shall leave you with a photo of one of my favourite dogs - Rio, the Akita, who is back visiting for a week, she is absolutely adorable
76clOs1m.jpg

Good morning. It's sunny and 40F, on its way to 70F. Beautiful day on tap. Up to step #19 of 30 on the shed build! Woohoo! Plan on finishing it off today. Then, I can turn my attention back to garden prep :eek:. Cooking a pork loin on the grill this evening - yum. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there and enjoy the day.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 57F on its way to 74F. Cloudy and maybe a shower. I might do some office work and I might not! Probably futz with fishing tackle. The Summer garden is prepped and ready to go ..... we're just waiting on the WX to stabilize before planting out. The Spring garden is looking great. Maybe a couple more weeks and we'll be able to harvest some lettuce and radishes. Leftovers and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Back