• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Good Morning And I have a Question

Let I said in the Welcome that I was new to Hot Pepper growing I don't have anything fancy this year but maybe next I will:) OK I have a pepper plant that has me a little stumped it has one red pepper and one Green :?: I hope it will show up in the picture but any how why is this the one that's green is still green as can be! but this morning I went out and looked at it and it had turned to a deep red. Thanks for all your help
72108upsidedownpepper2.jpg

Red just means its ripe. There are only very few peppers that actually stay green. It seems like your pod ripened quite quickly.

I'm with you Rainbowberry, I did not realize there were peppers that remained green either. What peppers are those that remain green?

POTAWIE said:
Red just means its ripe. There are only very few peppers that actually stay green. It seems like your pod ripened quite quickly.

I guess that one thing that threw me off is how small and how fast that pepper turned Red and the other one right next to it stayed green :shocked: I have others on the same type of plant as that one that has been on the vine for a while so to speak that are still green! And they are right side up!

Back